Analyst – Accounts Payable & Expense Management
- Time for a change?
- Join a leading global company
- Full time permanent opportunity – Brisbane
About the role
All progress begins with pioneers. At Rio Tinto, it begins with you.
We are looking for an Analyst – Accounts Payable and Expense Management to join our high performing Brisbane team supporting all facets of accounts payable such as invoicing, payment runs, inbox management, reconciliations, GRIR, end of month processing and so much more.
This is a great opportunity for a highly motivated, resilient and experienced account payable person to join a high-volume and fast paced environment. You will be a true team player with the ability to confidently work with stakeholders within our purchase to pay team as well as across our mine sites and our onsite and offshore Finance teams.
We are an open, connected global team that includes some of the industry’s best and brightest minds. We offer competitive, performance-focused remuneration and a wide range of benefits to reward your contribution. With a global reach, the opportunities to develop and grow your career are broad and exciting.
Reporting to the Specialist – Accounts Payable and Expense Management and working in a collaborative and supportive team across all AP functions, you will be:
- Processing a high-volume of invoices and credit notes with a large focus on payment on time
- Vendor Statement
- General Ledger
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly with Excel
- Resolving queries via email and phone
- Support with Corporate Credit Cards process and Expense management processes.
- Providing ad hoc accounts support within the team to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the accounts team:
- Twice daily Payment Runs across multiple sites with multiple banking packages
- Manual Payments
- Forecasting and Cash Calls
- Managing vendor or system issues and provide process training support to our key site stakeholders.
- Able to identify any improvements to our process, our systems or our policies and procedures.
What you will bring
- A commitment to the safety of yourself and your team
- Prior or current working knowledge of SAP accounts payable experience and SAP vendor invoice management system experience
- Strong financial analysis skills
- High level of organisational, analytical, problem solving
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong time management, attention to detail and task prioritization skills
- Ability to work with little to no supervision as well as part of an accounts payable team
- Strong sense of ownership
- Demonstrate the ability to build strong professional relationships
- Ability to train staff
What we offer
- A safety-focused and inclusive working environment
- A competitive salary package with annual cash incentive awards (STIP)
- Access to top tier family-friendly health and medical programs
- Excellent retirement plan
- A comprehensive leave policy that covers all moments that matter in life (vacation/annual, paid parental leave, short term sick leave, paid holidays)
- Ongoing individual wellbeing support for you and your family for personal and professional matters
- Generous Rio Tinto employee share program
About Rio Tinto
Every idea, every innovation, every little thing the world calls ‘progress’ begins with
a first step, and someone willing to take it: explorers, inventors, entrepreneurs. Pioneers.
For nearly 150 years, Rio Tinto has been a company of pioneers – generations of people spanning the globe, all with the grit and vision to produce materials essential to human progress.
Our iron ore has shaped skylines from Shanghai to Sydney. Our Aluminium – the world’s first to be certified “responsible” – helps planes fly and makes cars lighter. Our copper helps wind turbines power cities and our boron helps feed the world, and explore the universe.
Our diamonds help us celebrate the best parts of life.
Where you will be working
People Services provide HR advisory, global mobility, talent acquisition and recruitment, employee relations, remuneration and performance services to leaders, employees & HR business partners.
Every Voice Matters
At Rio Tinto, we particularly welcome and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, the LGBTI+ community, mature workers, people with disabilities and people from different cultural backgrounds.
We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome – they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or anything else that makes us different.