Seeking experienced Application Support Specialist to join our Digital Application Services – Clinical unit. Based centrally in Fortitude Valley this opportunity ensures the maintenance of defined service levels for specific enterprise applications by providing customer focused, high level specialist advice and support
Job details Position status Fixed Term Temporary
Position type Full-time
Occupational group IT & Telecommunications
Workplace Location Brisbane Inner City
Job ad reference QLD/EHQTS445614
Closing date 09-Oct-2022
Job duration 5/05/23
Contact person Junaid Qamar
Contact details (07) 3181 1408
Exciting opportunity to join our experienced Patient Administration System (PAS) Technical team, to ensure the maintenance of defined service levels by providing customer focused, high level specialist advice and support. Application specialist in this team work closely with a variety of stakeholders as well as upstream and downstream systems.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
- Provide effective change management, request management, incident management, risk management and continuity planning utilising best practices in systems support and service delivery, within the ITIL framework
- Ensure end to end service delivery for enterprise systems within Queensland Health by establishing and maintaining highly effective working relationships with other technical specialists, application specialists, vendors and end users
- Provide timely application support activity reports to stakeholders
- Assist in the ongoing development, maintenance and deployment of application specific guides, work instructions and technical documents.
To be successful in this role you will demonstrate your ability and experience in the provision of providing high-level specialist advice and support for clinical applications. You will also have a demonstrated ability in developing and promoting ITIL Service Management processes and ensuring service delivery meets agreed service levels in a customer focused ICT/Clinical Business environment.
A high-level understanding and technical skills in the following are required:
- Enterprise application management and support
- Unix/Solaris/RHEL system administration/support
- Database administration and management
- Query writing in RDBMS and/or NoSQL
- Scripting and automation
- Application programming
- Knowledge and experience of working with non-relational databases
- JMS, including Apache Artemis, Apache Kafka
- GRAILS or other MVC Java based Framework
- Knowledge of source control (GIT or SVN)
This position is required to work on call arrangements – appropriate remuneration under the award will be applied.
To apply for this exciting opportunity, submit your resume and covering letter online today and join a dedicated team of employees who are passionate about advancing health care through digital innovation.
Benefits of working with eHealth Queensland:
By joining eHealth Queensland, you will work within a fast-paced, challenging and supportive environment where every employee plays a critical role in our ongoing success.
You will enjoy a variety of benefits, including:
- Competitive salary + generous superannuation and leave loading
- Flexible working arrangements
- Diverse work culture
- Career training and development
We are committed to building inclusive cultures in the Queensland public sector that respect and promote and .
Applications will remain current for a period of up to 12 months and may be considered for other vacancies which may include an alternative employment basis (temporary; full time or part time).
Before applying for this vacancy please ensure you read the documents below.