- Ongoing & Non-Ongoing 18 months with possibility to extend up to 3 years - Full Time
- $87,002 - $96,186 (plus 15.4% superannuation)
- Role located in NSW - Surry Hills,QLD - Maroochydore,VIC - Geelong,VIC - Richmond
Currently, there are around 4.3 million Australians with a disability. The National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA) implements the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS), which is one of the biggest social reforms in the country since Medicare. As an Agency, we support more than 500,000 participants with a significant and permanent disability, and the families and carers of those living with disability. For many Australians, this will be the first time they receive the disability support they need. The NDIA is designed to enhance the quality of life and increase economic and social participation for people with disability and will mean a peace of mind for every Australian.
A new role awaits
The Provider and Markets Division (PMD) within the Partners, Providers & Fraud Taskforce Markets Group is responsible for developing and implementing a comprehensive strategic and tactical plan for the stewardship of a market of NDIS providers. The Division identifies and develops specialist markets that are new and emergent or require re-structuring as they transition and develop under the NDIS. This role is within a small team that delivers targeted market intervention and stewardship activities.
Where you can add value
- Assisting in the design of service delivery, development of internal and external policies, and commissioning models to enable effective market interventions.
- Contributing to the development of internal and external governance for contract management approaches used in market intervention initiatives.
- Ensuring effective and efficient delivery of all aspects of the commissioning approach through identifying and managing risk.
- Providing specialist advice and technical expertise to staff and stakeholders.
- Assisting with strategic stakeholder engagement to secure support and acceptance of market interventions, including contributing to communications collateral and presenting to internal and external audiences.
This is a small, geographically dispersed team, candidates must be able to work independently whilst actively contributing to team activities and displaying a positive job fit. This role is project-based and the successful candidate will be expected to move from project to project often at short notice.
Desirable skills and experience include:
- Research skills
- Data analysis
- Stakeholder engagement skills
We work as one team. We are accepting, diverse and driven. We take a shared approach to making progress. We welcome and support each other and encourage different ideas, insights and opinions. We empower and enable each other to be our best. Collaborating, connecting and creating a workplace that we can all be proud of. And while were based far and wide across the country, we make sure nobody feels they're out on their own.
- You will work for a socially inclusive and culturally diverse workplace that is making a meaningful impact to the lives of more than 500,000 Australians.
- Competitive remuneration and working conditions that support a positive work life balance
- Access to ongoing professional development and learning
Successful candidates will be required to undergo a pre-employment National Police History check, Worker Screening check and/or Working with Children Check (where required) and provide evidence of Australian Citizenship.
Applications for this role close 11:30pm AEDT on 5 October 2022
If you have any questions, please contact Sam Abley on 03 5225 1420 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
With the exception of personal details, applications can NOT be edited or updated once submitted for consideration. Please make sure you are completely satisfied with your entire application before submitting.
NDIA is committed to supporting an inclusive and diverse workforce and welcomes and encourages applications from People with Disability (PwD), First Nations peoples, LGBTIQA+ people, people from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse backgrounds, Mature age workers, as well as young workers and supporting an inter-generational workforce and supporting gender equity and families. NDIA will provide reasonable adjustments for candidates to participate equitably in the recruitment process and discuss workplace adjustments to fulfil the inherent requirements of the role.
RecruitAbility applies to this position: The RecruitAbility scheme supports people with disability applying for jobs in the Australian Public Service (APS) by giving you a better opportunity to put forward your skills and experience during the selection process.
The health and safety of workers, Participants and other visitors in our offices is our highest priority. Some roles within the National Disability Insurance Agency are covered by government Health Orders or Directives that require mandatory vaccinations.