It takes the connection of team members in many different roles to run more than 800 supermarkets across Australia. Whether you’re in-store or delivering to a customers’ door, life in-front or behind the shelves is fast, and it’s fun. Joining Coles Supermarkets means you’ll belong in a team of diverse personalities, cultures, backgrounds and beliefs, just like the local communities we serve. Each day brings a variety of valuable first-hand experiences and with the formal training we give you, you’ll gain skills that set you up for an ongoing career at Coles Group and beyond.
About the role
We’re looking for a Store Team Member (Cleaning and Trolley Collection). This is a key role to ensure we provide our customers with a safe, seamless and positive shopping experience and create a welcoming environment in our stores.
Some of your responsibilities include:
Working through a checklist of cleaning tasks across all departments and throughout store
- Using various equipment and products to sweep, mop, vacuum, scrub and buff floors throughout the shop as well as in our team rooms, toilets and offices
- Cleaning, dusting and wiping shelving and equipment throughout the store, cleaning team rooms and toilets
- Collecting trolleys from in and around the store and store carpark – whatever the weather
- Working both indoors and outdoors and will be trusted to work autonomously
About you and your skills
A commitment to providing great customer experiences by working with enthusiasm, energy and pace
- A keen eye for detail and accuracy
- The ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and demonstrate a solid work ethic
- The ability to work on your own and follow instructions
- You’ll be constantly on the go and will be lifting up to 17kgs so it’s essential that you’re physically fit, active and energetic
- Availability for shifts between the hours of 5am-11pm 7 days per week
- The ability to get to work outside of public transport operating hours
Even though it’s an advantage, no prior experience is necessary for this position as full training will be provided in the use of chemicals, machinery and safety equipment.
Keen as a bean? Just lettuce know
If you like the sound of us, get growing and apply now. We encourage applications from people of all ages, cultures (including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples), abilities, sexual orientation and gender identities. We’re happy to adjust our recruitment process to support candidates with disability. Find out more in the ‘Our Recruitment Process’ section of our careers site.
We’re committed to providing a safe environment for our team members and our customers. As part of that commitment, you will need to be vaccinated against COVID-19 before joining the team at Coles, unless you’re medically exempt. You’ll also need to disclose your COVID-19 vaccination status as part of your application (and possibly provide further evidence of your vaccination status). Thanks for applying, and for your understanding.
Job ID: 67186
Employment Type: Casual