Who are we?
We are passionate about empowering our communities, we want to make a difference and as a team we work together with a strategy of ‘Two Ways – One Outcome’.
Our goal is to foster quality living, and develop sustainable communities with strong local involvement and employment.
We want proud communities, strong communities, and connected communities!
The role will be responsible for the efficient planning, directing and management of all aspects of maintenance for community housing assets. This relates to both daily, preventative maintenance, repairs to property and management of third-party contractors. This position has high expectations around effective communication and appropriate documentation. To ensure community properties have 7-day maintenance coverage this role will be required to be on call where required on weekends.
KEY COMPETENCIES AND CAPABILITIES
- Undertake a broad range of general maintenance tasks, both reactive and planned, which may include maintenance, inspection, and repair of buildings and equipment
- Provide technical advice, assistance and support to other members of the community housing repairs and maintenance team in relation to legislation and good practice in maintenance services delivery
- Maintaining all equipment in good working order at all times, liaising with staff, residents and contractors concerning maintenance of community housing assets
- Undertake pre and post inspections of reactive maintenance works in accordance with agreed procedures
- Monitor day to day and cyclical maintenance expenditure, maintain proper scheduling of assigned duties and obtain materials to perform cost effective maintenance and repair activity, and maintain and monitor preventative maintenance programs
- Coordinate with Community Housing Mobile Maintenance Coordinator to schedule necessary services to required standards and in timely manner
- Daily scheduling of work to our technical staff in field and provide support to technical staff in field to ensure task completion
- Assist with weekly reporting for both internal and external stakeholders, assist in the production of contract documentation and timely database management
- Participation in the After Hours Maintenance rotating roster
What’s on offer?
- Total remuneration package of $85,499.47 salary ($96,384.62)
- 6 weeks of annual leave
- 4 additional leave days
- 17.5% leave loading
- 10.5% superannuation
This is a fixed term position for 11 months.
The Northern Territory Government has put together the following resources. Please have a look at the Remote Engagement and Coordination Strategy and Toolkit available from www.bushready.nt.gov.au or bushtel.nt.gov.au (external sites) .
- Closing date: 14-10-2022 14:41
- Directorate: Council Services
- Location: Alice Springs
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $96,384.62 per year