About the role
We’re on the lookout for a vibrant Community Manager to join our team. In this role you will build our engagement with remote communities, and social enterprise advocates across Northern Australia. You will identify creative ways to engage, upskill and connect this community with the ultimate goal to empower entrepreneurs. This is a relationship-focused role, including engaging with participants and alumni of our Incubation Program, nurturing our social enterprise network of Northern Australia through Impact North, an ELP initiative, and building strong partnerships across our region and beyond.
You are a natural connector, who loves getting to know people and learning about their passions and interests. You have a great ability to recall information about a large group of people, and get great joy out of introducing people who can support each other, and helping them to achieve their goals. You are unafraid to meet with people online or in person, and have a knack for creating events for networking and upskilling that are relevant, useful and enjoyable. You thrive on watching other people grow and succeed.
ELP is a 100% Indigenous-controlled not-for-profit organisation. We strongly encourage Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people to apply for this role.
Major responsibilities in this role include:
- Engaging with key partners and building relationships across a broad range of Indigenous and social entrepreneurs, ecosystem support organisations, government groups and more
- Developing and leading events, programs and activities to support the growth, connection and skills of our community
- Building awareness of our work and community engagement through a variety of one on one conversations, campaigns, marketing and more
- Managing the online and offline brand presence, marketing and communications of ELP and Impact North, with support from a third party agency and social media support from a Business Trainee
You will have experience at a mid-tier level within either a non-profit or corporate environment in marketing, stakeholder engagement and or community management, combined with a passion for entrepreneurship, and empowering Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities through entrepreneurship.
Key Selection Criteria
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Creativity and passion for creating remarkable experiences;
- Versatile and able to manage competing priorities and projects;
- Empathy and ability to listen for needs and insights from stakeholders;
- Strong understanding and experience working in and with Indigenous communities;
- Solid organisational skills including attention to detail.
- Strong project management and/ or event management experience
- Education Qualification: Relevant bachelor degree or equivalent;
- National Police Records check; and
- Working with Children’s check.
Partnerships and Growth
- Develop strategic plans to engage, grow and connect the Impact North community
- Foster and develop critical partnerships to achieve our impact outcomes
- Identify and act upon new regional opportunities
Events and Education
- Design and plan an annual calendar of community-building events and campaigns to upskill, connect and advocate for our network
- Manage end-to-end delivery of planned activities, and work with the team to identify funding opportunities and team support to ensure activities are a success
- Conduct surveys and evaluation in alignment with our Impact Framework to ensure outcomes are achieved, gain insights from our members and improve our delivery
- Onboard, develop and upskill any contractors or team members related to the activities
- Lead the development of in-house educational resources for our network members
- Prepare and monitor community activity budget
Community Building and Engagement
- Develop plans to increase community engagement in our network
- Develop promotional and educational materials to grow network, support referral agencies and build strong community relationships
- Engage individually with members of our community, prioritising strong personal relationships and fostering peer connections
- Connect community members to the vision of our network, and encourage participation and ownership
- Act as the key point of contact for in person and online community spaces
Marketing and Communications
- Manage all digital communications platforms, with support from third party agency and Business Trainee, including social media, EDM’s and website
- Develop and execute on marketing campaigns, to coordinate closely with planned community building activities.
- Design and produce marketing collateral, with support from third party agencies and Business Trainee
- Prepare and monitor marketing budget
Position Description : Position Description - ELP Community Manager
Apply by sending your CV and a one page cover letter telling us why you are a great fit for this role!
If you have any questions, get in touch with Alexie at email@example.com or 0404 022 249.
Please quote in application: Community Manager via Pro Bono Australia.