KU Ourimbah Preschool and Children's Centre is located on the beautiful grounds of the Central Coast Campus, University of Newcastle. This extended hours Service is open Monday-Friday, 7:00am to 6:00pm.
At KU Ourimbah, our specialisation is our Forest Preschool. Our Forest Kindergarten enables children access to specialist teaching, where we emphasise immersion in nature as a starting point to understanding the wider world. Our Forest Kindergarten operates daily. Children benefit from this specialisation, because it is an opportunity for them to connect with the natural world, to solve problems in a landscape that is not uniform and that offers challenges, inspiration, beauty, unpredictability and interest.
For more information about the service, please visit https://www.ku.com.au/childcare/centres/kuourimbah
We are looking for an experienced educational leader with a completed Early Childhood Teaching degree who values partnering with families, wants to join and lead a passionate, capable and dedicated team. The ideal applicant will be a strong team player, flexible and can build and maintain positive relationships with children and families. An interest in outdoor activities and bush kinder is highly desired.
This position is available immediately , until November 2023 and the hours of the role are as below:
- Until the end of 2022 - Monday-Wednesday, 8 hours per day. Access to casual hours will be available
- From the start of 2023 - Monday-Friday, 8 hours per day accruing a monthly rostered day off
We want you to be as passionate about early childhood education and as committed to achieving positive outcomes as we are.
To be considered for this role, it is essential you have:
- A recognised Early Childhood Teaching degree level of qualification in Early Childhood or similar as approved by Australian Children’s Education and Quality Authority (ACECQA)
- A current NSW Working with Children Check.
- Eligible to become a Nominated Supervisor
- Work rights to enable you to work in Australia
- Completed & Current training in Child Protection legislation and its implications for the care and protection of children
- Sound understanding of the Education and Care Services National Law (2010) and the Education and Care Services National Regulations (2011) and how they apply in your state
- Working knowledge of the Early Years Learning Frameworks (EYLF)
- Professional level of written and verbal communication skills
- Current and valid First Aid and CPR, as well as separate Asthma and Anaphylaxis Certificate
At KU, the safety and wellbeing of our employees, the children in our care and their families remains our highest priority. This is at the forefront of all that we do, and we welcome applications from candidates who share this spirit. It is a condition of employment that KU staff members are required to hold full COVID-19 vaccination.
Unlocking Endless Possibilities
KU has been awarded Employer of Choice each year since 2016, and is committed to continuing the development of a workplace culture of inclusion and diversity. We actively promote the employment of people from across the spectrum of society.
We encourage applications from people with a disability, and from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities. Through communicating individual needs during the application process it allows KU to adapt your recruitment processes to meet an individual’s physical or cultural requirements. We encourage you to talk to us about what your needs are to make your interview a success.
- We Reward - We offer sector leading pay and benefits including salary packaging and discounted private health insurance and access to over 400 top brands and retailers savings and/or cashback opportunities. As well as an online Wellbeing Centre with resources to help your mind, body and wallet stay active and healthy.
- We Build Careers - We enable and encourage our people to grow and evolve with us.
- We Grow Our People - We provide opportunities to learn, grow and enhance your professional practice through KU’s high quality professional learning program.
- We Offer an Inclusive Culture - We’ve created a diverse and inclusive working culture with a shared vision and common values.
How do you apply?
If the above resonates with you and you feel you can positively contribute to this close-knit team, please click the 'apply now' button to be taken to the application form!
For inquiries, contact Sarah, HR Generalist via firstname.lastname@example.org ( please note: applications are not accepted via this email).
KU Children’s Services is committed to being a child safe organisation. We put children’s safety and wellbeing at the centre of our practices. Child safety is a shared responsibility across the organisation. All KU staff contribute to maintaining our child safe culture and ensuring the safety and wellbeing of the children in our services and programs. KU has a zero tolerance of harm or abuse of children.
Degree Level : Early Childhood Teacher Degree Equivalent (ALL)