About the MidCoast Region
From lakes and estuaries to white sandy beaches to world heritage mountain wilderness, the MidCoast region offers an attractive lifestyle for everyone. Our community is characterised by its welcoming attitude, growing economy and natural beauty. These are the pillars of the quality of life we value. To find out more about our beautiful region click here.
At MidCoast Council our people are our most important resource and we believe that we can only reach our full potential when you reach yours. This is the place for those who seek to play a role in the community and have an enthusiasm to learn and grow. Here you can make a real difference.
Our community is our customer and is at the centre of everything we do. We value, support and empower our people to deliver positive results for our community.
Right now, we are investing heavily in our organisation, and our people. Our Administration Centre is a state-of-the-art facility designed to inspire innovation, creativity and collaboration. The building has been named ‘Yalawanyi Ganya’ which means “sitting/meeting place” in the Gathang language of the indigenous people across the MidCoast Region.
The role & you
We are seeking an Executive Assistant to support the Director Corporate Services and leadership team by providing strong and efficient administrative and managerial support. You will be responsible for assessing, analysing and prioritising requests to facilitate the optimal use of the Director Corporate Service’s time.
As the Executive Assistant you will have exceptional organisational skills and the ability to triage the flow of information while managing priorities effectively. Confident in your approach, you will act with a high level of professionalism and discretion and have the ability to build strong relationships across the organisation.
Skills and experience required
- Tertiary qualifications in business administration or related field
- Experience in providing executive support
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Accurate and efficient typing skills with solid experience in utilising the Microsoft Office suite, in particular, Word, Excel and presentation software
- A genuine customer service approach with a proven history of delivery
This is a great opportunity to build upon your impressive administration and organisational skills and take the next step in your career in providing executive support.
The package: Salary range circa $77,000 - $84,000 p.a. plus superannuation.
Location: This position will be based at our Administration Centre in Yalawanyi Ganya at 2 Biripi Way, Taree. You may also be required to be based from other Council sites across the MidCoast Council region.
Tenure: Permanent, Full Time.
How to apply:
- Before applying please review the POSITION DESCRIPTION
- When responding to the questions below, please include detailed and relevant examples of your skills and experience.
- We recommend you prepare your question responses in a separate Word document and once complete, copy each response to the relevant question on the application form.