We're seeking a motivated and proactive Executive Support/Office Manager - Drug and Alcohol at Royal North Shore Hospital.
Employment Type: Permanent Full Time
Position Classification: Health Manager (Level 1)
Remuneration: $1,496.38 - $2,012.90 per week
Hours Per Week: 38
Requisition ID: REQ343716
Where you'll be working
Royal North Shore Hospital.
Northern Sydney’s vision is to be "leaders in healthcare, partners in community wellbeing". Our purpose is “embracing discovery and learning, building partnerships and engaging our community to deliver excellent health and wellbeing.”
What you'll be doing
Each person’s unique journey of recovery will be supported by mental health drug and alcohol services in a way that fosters hope, purpose and resilience.
MHDA Statement of Intention
The intention of the NSLHD MHDA is to provide recovery-oriented, trauma informed services that are guided by evidence based practices and collaboration.
The position of Executive Support Officer/Office Manager to the Service Director of Drug and Alcohol is based at Royal North Shore Hospital. Role responsibilities include supporting the role and function of the Service Director, managing the services team of administrative personnel, acquisitions on behalf of the service director and to support compliance with organisational goals and requirements. This position also provides administrative support for other members of the Drug and Alcohol Executive, Staff Specialists, Medical, Allied Health and Nursing staff as required.
People of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander background encouraged to apply.
Candidates will need to meet the following criteria:
- Consistently demonstrates behaviours that reinforce the CORE Values of our organisation; Collaboration, Openness, Respect and Empowerment. Demonstrates these behaviours with all stakeholders; colleagues, direct reports, as well as our patients and consumers, and those that care for them.
- Broad experience in an executive administration position with a demonstrated ability to function with minimum supervision, initiate appropriate actions and complete tasks within time frames.
- Demonstrated advanced organisational skills with ability to provide education and management of administrative workforce.
- Demonstrated ability to manage financial resources within portfolio.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve a high level of customer focus and courtesy with patients who contact the service for assistance or to make enquiries.
- High level writing skills and ability to draft documentation including briefs
- Demonstrated understanding of EMR, payroll, procurement, receipting and payment systems and advanced knowledge of computer technology, software and its use as applicable to this role.
- Understanding of the concepts and requirements of confidentiality and privacy as they relate to Health issues.
Need more information?
For role related queries or questions contact Kingsley Waterson on Kingsley.Waterson@health.nsw.gov.au or 0419 636 214
All NSW Health workers are required to have two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine, as defined by NSW Health. Employees working in a clinical area or are required to attend clinical areas are considered category A. Category A positions are required to provide evidence of having received three doses of COVID-19 vaccine in accordance with the Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation (TGA) and meet the requirements of the Occupational Assessment Screening and Vaccination Against Specified Infectious Diseases Policy Directive.
Acceptable proof of vaccination is the Australian Immunisation Register (AIR) Immunisation History Statement or AIR COVID-19 Digital Certificate.
Applications Close: 30 September 2022