Are you passionate about leveraging your finance and cost control skills to contribute to Australia’s green energy footprint?
Macquarie's Green Investment Group (GIG) is establishing a new renewable energy platform to support the development and growth of its existing 1.5GW onshore wind, solar and storage portfolio in ANZ. The business will develop, construct, own and operate a portfolio of renewable energy assets with a mission to accelerate the green transition.
GIG is currently looking for an experienced Financial Controller to support this new renewable energy platform. Initially you will join GIG, before transitioning to the platform next year.
You will be responsible for the financial management of the business including
- Managing statutory financial accounting, treasury, taxation, payroll and financial planning and analysis
- Ensuring high levels of compliance standards and controls are maintained at all times, recommending policies or procedures that will improve financial performance and/or strengthen the control environment
- Forecasting future financial performance including working with technical, procurement and corporate finance teams to ensure that projects have comprehensive and reliable financial projections
- Managing funding of the project companies, working capital and intragroup cashflows
- Managing relationships with external stakeholders including outsourced service providers, auditors, tax agents, banks etc.
- Liaising with our development partners to ensure that the projects’ financial management systems and processes are suitable for and accepted by all project shareholders
- Compiling and presenting high-quality management reports to senior management
- Ensuring compliance with government regulations
To excel in this role, you will hold a Bachelor degree in a relevant field (Master degree is desirable), a CA or CPA certificate and have at least 15 years’ experience in financial management in Australia or multi-jurisdiction business and have had exposure to or have led setting up systems and controls previously. Exposure to energy markets, commercial project management as well as joint venture structures and non-recourse project debt finance are highly desirable, but not essential.
You will have established and managed financial management systems and processes for new project companies. You will leverage your excellent communications skills in English (oral and written) to build strong working relationships with external service providers and development partners, advising senior team members as an authority figure in relation to financial project management, and producing and presenting high quality reports and presentations.
About the Green Investment Group
Green Investment Group (GIG) is a specialist green investor within Macquarie Asset Management, and a global leader in the development of companies, assets and technologies that aim to accelerate the global transition to net zero. Initially launched by the UK Government in 2012 as the Green Investment Bank, it was the first institution of its type in the world. Acquired by Macquarie in 2017, GIG has grown to become one of the world’s largest green investors with a development pipeline of more than 30 GW in over 25 markets, spanning established renewables and emerging green technologies.
Macquarie Asset Management is a global asset manager that aims to deliver positive impact for everyone. Trusted by institutions, pension funds, governments, and individuals to manage more than $A735.5 billion/EUR459.0/GBP394.6/USD531.7 in assets globally. Macquarie Asset Management is part of Macquarie Group, a diversified financial group providing clients with asset management, finance, banking, advisory and risk and capital solutions across debt, equity, and commodities.
All figures as at 31 March 2022.
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths. An inclusive and equitable environment enables us to deliver innovative and sustainable outcomes for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. From day one, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’ is as inspiring to you as it is to us, please apply. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways.
We are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity, equity and inclusion. We encourage candidates to speak with a member of our recruitment team if you require adjustments to our recruitment process to support you, and the type of working arrangements that would help you thrive.