Work, play and stay on Fitzroy Island!
We are seeking energetic & experienced Food & Beverage Attendants to join our team working in Foxy's Bar, Zephry Restaurant, Pool Bar and General Store.
If you have cocktail experience we strongly encourage you apply!
The food and beverage attendant’s role is to actively contribute to the efficient operation of the various food and beverage outlets on Fitzroy Island, by providing high level, consistent customer service, food and beverage service and accurate cash handling.
Successful applicants would have experience in a similar position in a 4-5 star hotel and possess the following attributes:
- A thorough knowledge of restaurant operations.
- Outstanding customer service and confident communication skills.
- Strong computer skills in and experience using POS systems (Guest Centrix POS an advantage).
- Have excellent time management skills, attention to detail and problem solving skills.
- Understand that weekend and night work will be involved with a mix of AM / PM shifts on a 7 day a week rotating roster.
- Must have valid QLD RSA or be able to obtain a valid QLD RSA before commencing the role.
- Must have a current National Police Check issued by Queensland Police or able to obtain one within three weeks of commencing employment- for all live on Island staff.
- Employees whose duties include driving a company vehicle, must hold a current QLD Driver’s License.
Why work for us?
- Save money with affordable accommodation and all meals included!
- Discount on restaurants and resort activities.
- Free staff gym!
- Fun, supportive, family friendly culture.
- Access to walking tracks, snorkeling, turtle tours, kayaking, diving, fishing and so much more!
Fitzroy Island is an unspoiled tropical paradise of rain forest and beaches within the calm sheltered waters of the Great Barrier Reef. Fitzroy Island is a National Park where visitors can discover spectacular walking trails, abundant marine life, and local wildlife.
Fitzroy Island Resort is passionate about providing a memorable experience for families and travelers that showcases the natural beauty of the Island every day. We have a team that prides themselves on delivering exceptional customer service with an emphasis on safety and collaboration. Located 45 minutes from Cairns in Tropical North Queensland, Fitzroy Island is easily reached by regular transfers on the air-conditioned Fitzroy Flyer.
Don't be shy, hit apply. Join the Island life today!