Job no: 527607
Work type: Full time
Categories: General Management
We are seeking an experienced business leader to join our team as a General Manager – Operations at ISS Facility Services based in Sydney, Australia. This role forms part of the core leadership that delivers the largest Government account in the Pacific managing multiple government sites geographically from the wider Sydney Region, South West and the North Coast.
The General Manager - Operations is responsible for the smooth delivery of operations (cleaning & maintenance) across all regions with the focus on exceeding contract KPI’s, driving continuous improvement initiatives across the business that achieves the required quality of services and financial outcomes while services delivering profitable growth leading to an extension and ultimately the retention of the contract.
To be successful in this role, you will possess excellent people management skills while fostering client relationships and ensuring the Company complies with the contractual and legal obligations under the terms and conditions of the contract.
About the role:
- Provide exceptional strategic and operation leadership
- Be actively involved in developing and delivering effective people management
- Drive meeting of Financial targets across the portfolio
- Leadership of three senior business leaders and their development
- Display leadership across the operations aligned ISS values
- Ensure contract compliance and ongoing continuous improvement across all regions
- Standardise delivery across the portfolio driving productivity and efficiency improvements
- To have a strong focus on ensuring health, safety and welfare across the operation
- Establishing and maintaining a professional relationship with clients, their stakeholders, union representatives and other leaders and employees in the broader ISS business
- Ability to lead a customer focused, service oriented agile team
- As a leader be able to communicate the ISS vision, building a culture of performance and drive success across all levels of the organisation
- Manage the business assets and ensure regular servicing requirements are met
- Actively seek opportunities to enhance ISS processes and implementation of ideas for ongoing improvement
- Current & Relevant NSW Driver License
- Contract management & financial management
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills with risk management principles and practices
- Competent in carrying HSE risk assessments and Incident investigations
- Leadership ability and decision making skills
- Ability to manage a large direct delivery workforce across multiple sites and geographies
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
- Sounds knowledge of cleaning practices
- Prepared to travel on a regular basis within the portfolios
Why work for ISS?
- Competitive remuneration package on offer + vehicle + fuel + tolls
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities
- Internal opportunities within our global organisation
- Access to staff discounts with partner companies
ISS Facility Services seek to employ a diverse workforce that represents the communities we work in. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people with a disability, people from different cultural backgrounds and lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex (LGBTI) people.
A little bit about ISS
ISS is a global facility management company with over 485,000 employees throughout 46 countries. We are seeking value oriented people to join our local team of over 15,000 working HERO's. ISS service a wide range of sectors including Resources, Aviation, Healthcare, Education and Business & Industry.
At ISS, we ensure our employees have a safe work environment and are engaged and motivated to provide the best possible service to our customers, and welcome you to join us achieve our purpose of
"Connecting people and places to make the world work better!"
Advertised: 23 Sep 2022 AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: 21 Oct 2022 AUS Eastern Daylight Time