Graduate Engineer - Rail
Join us as we continue to transform our business and shape the future of the rail freight industry. Contribute to safe, innovative and sustainable rail freight solutions.
- Graduate position with mentoring and training provided!
- Gain valuable experience working with industry experts
- 12 month Contract, potential to extend
- Position available to be based in Brisbane, Newcastle, Sydney or Melbourne
About the role
As a Graduate Engineer, you will work closely with the Reliability Engineering team, being mentored by experienced Engineers who will help you develop your knowledge and skills across investigations into performance improvements. will start to contribute from day one, working on a number of key projects related to reliability of locomotive fleets and wagons. Typical tasks will be to investigate issues, develop, document and implement solutions.
You will be a recent Mechanical Engineer Graduate who is keen to explore the rollingstock and rail industry. You will be willing to learn from industry experts with the confidence to question and press for further understanding and when relevant challenge ideas/solutions.
In addition you will have the ability to:
- Develop effective and collaborative working relationships with a wide range of diversely skilled personnel.
- Work effectively both alone on delegated tasks and when collaborating with others.
- Manage priorities based on importance and urgency.
- Participate in Failure Mode, Effect and Criticality Analysis (FMECA), Reliability-Centred Maintenance (RCM) and Condition Monitoring
- Participate in reliability investigations
- Help develop reliability improvement scopes of work and programmes for improvement to fleet performance
- Apply engineering solutions with regards to safety and applicable standards.
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, other system knowledge is advantageous
Pacific National (PN) is the largest provider of diversified rail freight services in Australia. We haul a variety of freight including coal, intermodal containers, steel, and a range of bulk commodities and materials that keep the region's economy, businesses and households running. We operate nationally with approximately 3,500 staff in over 90+ sites across Australia.
Join us as we continue to transform our business and shape the rail freight industry, to achieve our vision of becoming Australia's recognised leader for safe, innovative and sustainable rail freight solutions.
We are seeking applicants who share our values: Make it simple, Share More, Kindness, Gratitude, Curiosity, and Own it and live these values through open and honest communication and respect.
Applications close on 5/10/2022.
Are you ready to be part of our future?
To apply, please click on the 'Apply' button below and follow the prompts.
To find out more about Pacific National, our benefits and opportunities we offer, visit our careers page:
Home Safely Everyday - Our top priority is getting you home to your family safely every day.