CSR Limited is a leading Australian Manufacturing business with a rich history and an exciting future. We are recognised for our innovative approach to developing sustainable and high performing building products and systems for the residential and commercial segments across Australia and New Zealand.
Our purpose is ‘Building solutions for a better future’. We have a forward momentum, and we are on our way to bigger, better, and aspirational outcomes for our employees, customers, and communities in which we operate.
Part of the CSR family, our Transformation, Technology and Digital Business Unit has been established to embrace the changing customer and market expectations in a new digital economy. We are currently embarking upon one of the biggest business transformations in the organisation’s history, with a readiness for automation and digitisation strategy for our current and future business objectives.
About the role:
- Be part of a leading Building & Manufacturing organisation
- Lead a sustainability journey to make a real difference
- Attractive Remuneration Package
- Flexible Working arrangements
Reporting to the Head of Risk, Safety & Sustainability, and as the Group Sustainability Manager you will drive and facilitate the execution of CSR’s Sustainability Strategy. You will develop targets and drive improvement; be a leader with capabilities that can drive a sustainable framework and strategy.
Partnering with the business leaders, your stakeholder engagement will range from Board to Executive level all the way to Line Managers regarding activity, as you will make key decisions and deliver on our journey whilst achieving sustainable goals.
You will have the ability to think strategically but also take a hands-on approach when required. You will own, facilitate and execute our strategy, advising on governance & risk issues; obligations under legislation; environmental requirements for different regions and business opportunities.
- Facilitate the execution of CSR’s Sustainability Strategy & Develop targets and drive improvement
- Drive education and awareness on sustainability issues
- Provide technical advice across the organisation on environmental issues, processes, and legislation
- Provide strategic advice on environmental issues
- Review and monitor government schemes to determine potential financial benefits
- Prepare submissions on impacts to CSR of changes in legislation
- Responsible for managing legacy issues (i.e. contaminated land)
- Collaborate with Group Procurement on provision of expertise on assessing supply chain risk
- Provide support and assistance to Group Property on redevelopment proposals/plans
- Oversee Environmental Management system - development of environment hazards standards/EMS procedures
- Oversee the management of the Australian Packaging Covenant including the completion and submission of the Annual Report and Action Plan
- Participation in incident reporting and management including drafting of responses to the relevant Authority
- Maintain relationships with key government agencies and environmental authorities to stay abreast with legislation and programs
- Oversees Envizi and collection of environmental data ensuring it is completed accurately, in line with the corporate procedures, on time and with the right approvals.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications bachelor’s degree in science, Engineering or equivalent
- Post graduate qualifications desirable
- Min 10 years’ experience in a similar role, preferably in private sector
- Proven ability to consistently lead and motivate people
- Established network with regulatory authorities advantageous
- Experience with Envizi third party sustainability software desirable
- Useful to have audit experience and/or accredited (but not essential)
- Good understanding of technical aspects of environmental issues
- Ability to promote cost effective practical solutions to environmental issues
- Leadership, Analytical and Problem-solving skills