YHA is Australia's largest backpacker accommodation provider, allowing people of all ages to travel and meet other backpackers in more than 50 YHA properties across the country. We are a membership-based, not for profit association, with all profits going back into our properties and the experience they provide. YHA Australia is part of the world's largest backpacker accommodation network, Hostelling International, providing more than 4,000 YHA hostels in over 90 countries.
Our values are at the heart of our organisation and the foundation of our culture. They are our compass, guiding our decisions and actions.
- Work together – We open doors for each other as well as our guests
- Give our best – We bring our best selves every day we come to work
- Put our guest first – We know great hosts make great holidays
- Think differently – We see problems as opportunities
- Have fun – We celebrate and enjoy being together
YHA is currently seeking Housekeepers to join the team on a part-time basis at Sydney Harbour YHA.
The housekeeping team is responsible for ensuring the property remains sparkling clean and continues to meet the excellent standards required of YHA properties.
Day-to-day duties include:
Housekeeping: duties include; refreshing communal spaces, bathrooms and accommodation rooms, monitoring and replenishing stock and ensuring our property remains sparkling clean.
What we are looking for:
- Previous experience in housekeeping or commercial cleaning
- Willingness to take direction from others
- Good time management skills and the ability to work well under pressure
- Flexible availability 24/7 roster including night shifts, weekends and public holidays
- Excellent communication skills verbal and written
- Must be available 4 days and 4 nights a week on roster
What’s in it for you?
- Hospitality award rate
- Paid annual leave pro rata
- A supportive and fun team environment
- Employee Assistant Program
- Access to additional benefits and discounts as part of YHA’s national network
- Allow employees at YHA to celebrate culturally significant holidays that are unique to their cultural and personal beliefs
At YHA, you can expect to be treated with dignity and respect.We’re committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace environment.
- Gender Balance – empowering our people to access and enjoy the same opportunities to build great careers at YHA, regardless of gender or gender identity.
- Indigenous Australians – provide more opportunities for Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander peoples, organisations, communities, and customers to engage with our business.
- Accessibility – improving the accessibility (physical or otherwise) of our properties, workplaces and digital platforms for team members, contractors, and guests with a disability.
- Flexible Working – supporting and empowering our people to balance their work and life commitments through a flexible working culture; and
- Pride – enabling our LGBTQIA+ community to be their authentic selves and grow at YHA
Job Type: Part-time
Part-time hours: 20 per week
Salary: $22.00 – $25.00 per hour
- Employee discount
- Referral program
- Afternoon shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Morning shift
- Public holidays
- Rotating roster
- Shift work
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- THE ROCKS, NSW 2000: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Which of the following statements best describes your Covid-19 vaccination status?
- What's your expected hourly rate?
- What's your notice period?
Work Location: In person