Container Exchange Services (CES) is a joint venture between Coca-Cola Europacific Partners and Lion that was established to provide scalable and sustainable solutions for Container Deposit Schemes (CDS) in Australia and around the World. We power one of Australia’s largest recycling programs: Containers for Change.
We believe there is a better way to recycle that positively impacts individuals, communities, and the environment. Our mission is to increase recycling rates, rid the world of drink container litter, and empower community participation in an accredited circular economy. Our services include IT technology, payments, brand experience, customer support, and materials trading.
As an organisation, we are in our fourth successful year of operation having grown rapidly in revenue and people. The business is undergoing massive growth through our existing recycling schemes and expanding into new states.
About the role
Our Java developers are a key member contributing to the design, development, and maintenance of our applications. You know how to do Test Driven Development and look for creative ideas and solutions to complex problems.
Our projects are heavily Java container focused (Docker Swarm and Kubernetes) primarily in Oracle Cloud and we also use Azure. You will build solutions using the latest delivery techniques, guide others on the journey, and help drive the Container Exchange Services technology strategy.
You will have excellent interpersonal skills, including communication skills, negotiation and influencing skills,
- 3+ years Software development experience, ideally in Java
- Some experience in C# and/or PHP
- Ability to work in a team and contribute ideas to architectural discussions
- Ability to work within the IT and wider non-technical team
- A desire to learn and keeping your skills up to date and always be looking for continuous improvement
- We are a high performing team working for purpose – what we do positively impacts communities and the environment.
- We offer flexible working arrangements to help you fit work around your life.
- We are a remote workplace, offering a hybrid WFH / WFO arrangement.
- Domestic travel in the markets Containers for Change operates.
- Competitive salary packages.
Containers for Change is a container deposit scheme, currently operating in QLD and WA, where people get 10c for each eligible drink container they return to refund points. Today, more than 4 billion containers have been recycled through the programs and $400m has been returned to the public, community groups, and charities.
See the change we're making at www.containersforchange.com.au