At NRMA Expeditions, we are the wild places company and we’re here to ignite joy by connecting people to place.
Through our collection of premium hotels, lodges and experiences across Tasmania’s wild places, our teams create memories that last a lifetime, tell stories and share knowledge of the land and always warmly welcome our guests.
We connect our team to place through creating an environment that feels like home, a career across places, opportunities that continuously expand and benefits that help individuals thrive, so every team member knows we love that they’re here.
Gordon River Cruises offers the opportunity to experience the UNESCO Tasmanian Wilderness World Heritage Area from the water. Guests are invited to explore the wilderness of the West Coast as they cruise up the Gordon River and take a walk through the temperate rainforest of the Franklin - Gordon Wild Rivers National Park. Our two vessels have been purpose-built with the local environment and outstanding guest experience in mind. Spirit of the Wild, a new Gordon River Cruises vessel features an Australian first: quiet cruising in World Heritage wilderness.
We are seeking a vibrant, engaging leader who will work closely with their team lead and manage the strategic and operational requirements of Gordon River Cruises (GRC). You will provide strong leadership, coaching and mentoring to the team to ensure the delivery of an exceptional guest experience and you will continue to nurture and grow this multi-award-winning iconic Tasmanian experience. You will also oversee marine safety, operational compliance and maintenance for any future Tasmanian marine acquisitions.
We’re looking for someone who shares our passion for Tasmania’s remote, wild places.
To be successful in this role you’ll be able to demonstrate many if not all of the following:
- Proven capability to lead and manage a high performing team
- A passion and commitment to the guest experience and ability to contribute to the development of an organisational culture based on the philosophy of connecting with people and place
- A demonstrated commitment to safety leadership and the principle of zero harm
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Proven ability to deliver operational outcomes
- Sound knowledge of Safety legislation
- Demonstrated financial acumen
- Sound computer literacy, particularly with common office applications
- Certificate IV in Maritime Operations - Master 4 (or the ability to obtain)
- MED II (or the ability to obtain)
- Tertiary qualification in business, tourism or hospitality
- Experience in remote area tourism operations
- Previous experience in the Tourism industry
- Working knowledge of WHS Management systems
A bit about us:
Our parent company, the NRMA, is one of Australia’s oldest and most iconic brands with over 100 years serving and caring for the community and its 2.6 million members. In 2021 NRMA Expeditions was formed as an independent tourism division of the NRMA Group. Our story starts in Tasmania but that’s not where it will end as we grow our tourism business. There will be opportunities for people to explore and expand their careers with us in some of the most breathtaking places across Australia.
As a leader within our Tasmanian portfolio you’ll help us forge a new era in experiential tourism in wild places of Australia and beyond.
Amazing benefits are yours:
When you join our team you’ll have the opportunity to build on your current skills and experiences, working with an enthusiastic team passionate about what we do.
In addition you’ll also have access to:
- An array of generous benefits and discounts
- Reward and recognition for great contributions
- Vast career and learning and development opportunities
- Wellbeing programs and initiatives
- A unique relaxed lifestyle working on the doorstep of the best that Tasmania’s natural beauty has to offer
Does this sound like your dream job? We’d love you to be here!
For a confidential discussion or further information, please contact Lyndell Shephard, Head of People & Culture Tasmania on 0439 342 *** or email ***************@myexpeditions.com.au. To apply, please submit your application via Seek including a current CV and cover letter by Monday 3 October 2022.
We welcome, seek and embrace diversity, and encourage applications from all people, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples. It’s not something we simply say, it’s something we actively foster so that everyone is included, valued and respected.