Be. Recruitment is currently seeking a Mental Health Coordinator for a specialist Suicide Prevention program in Sydney's West. This fantastic opportunity will deliver practical psychosocial support to clients in the first 3 months following a suicide attempt or crisis. This role uses a strength-based model to support clients to recover from mental illness and support distressed family members. This full-time position contract works closely with a supportive and collaborative team & team leader.
Previous experience in a community mental health program and knowledge around the social issues associated with suicidal ideation is mandatory to succeed in this rewarding role.
- Support clients through strength-based and recovery case management providing quality assessment, safety & goal planning and support services to adults following a suicide attempt or crisis
- Build key working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders such as Social Workers, Psychologist, GP's and other Allied Health professionals
- Experience working with CALD communities
- Fantastic interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence
- Maintain clear and precise safety plans, support plans and assessments
- Demonstrated understanding of recovery principles
- Work collaboratively in a team
- Minimum of two years’ experience in a casework role or similar, ideally in a community mental health program
- Degree qualification in Social Work, Psychology or similar
- Current NSW driver's license is essential
- NSW Working With Children Check
- Career development and training opportunities
- Collaborative and supportive team leader and team environment
- Competitive hourly rate