We’ve only just begun, but what a beginning. In a once in a generation moment, we’ve brought together powerful brands to create one united force. TPG Telecom has a powerhouse of brands which include Vodafone, TPG, iiNet, Internode, Lebara, AAPT and felix. The latest technology and brave thinking let us connect our people and communities. You could play a role in that. A big one. We invite you to bring your boldness and stand out. You are empowered. Opportunities are plenty for those ready to accept the challenge.
The Network Engineer position is responsible to deploy, troubleshoot and perform capacity upgrades on a wide range of Access network infrastructure which includes TPG Group's NBN access infrastructure, FTTB network and DSLAM network.
- Deploy and commission a wide range of Access devices including TPG Group's NBN Access Infrastructure; Metro Ethernet network, and FTTB network.
- Responding to escalated faults from the NOC and other engineering and customer support teams within the organization.
- Resolving critical network faults in a timely manner.
- Performing network critical capacity upgrades and cutovers outside of business hours.
- Work on a rotating 24/7 on call roster for network faults escalated from the NOC.
- Network design and testing of new technologies in the broadband and fixed wireless access space.
- Testing of new CPE devices.
- Troubleshooting escalated faults, and responding to technical queries from customer support teams related to CPE.
- Develop scripts to automate configuration of network devices.
Knowledge and experience
- Degree in Engineering / Telco / IT related field.
- Previous IP network experience (3 years +) or experience troubleshooting NBN access technologies.
- Proven troubleshooting skills on network related faults.
- Understanding of OSPF, L2 switching in a carrier or large enterprise network.
- Familiarity with TR069 and VoIP provisioning.
- Good understanding of Linux.
- Knowledge and expertise in FTTx concepts.
- Ability to multi task and work under pressure.
- Strong communication skills with a professional and presentable attitude.
- Project management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively within a team.
- CCNA or equivalent. CCNP will be highly regarded.
- Experience with scripting in Python, Shell scripting or similar.
- Experience with configuring and troubleshooting consumer CPE.
- Understanding of Metro Ethernet network principles.
- Testing experience (router, switch or CPE).
Benefits and perks
- Flexible hybrid way of working (work from home and office)
- ‘Stay Connected Mobile’ – Access to a free mobile plan
- ‘Stay Connected NBN’ – Access to a free NBN 100 plan
- ‘Your Leave’ - an additional 4 days of leave to be used whenever you like - every year
- Access to TPG Learning Hub platform and internal development opportunities
- Access to Corporate Partner Discounts
Our TPG Telecom Spirit
We believe in the power of meaningful relationships to support vibrant, connected communities where everyone belongs. You will join a supportive company that is diverse and inclusive, and celebrates what makes our employees different, as well what brings us together. We want you to bring your true self to work, and to feel like your contribution matters. We encourage ambition in everything we do, from telco solutions to customer experience, to community impact. You will have real opportunities to take charge and take control.
If you think the power of people and collaboration can make a meaningful difference in the world, then APPLY NOW to help us build a better future.
Bolder and better together!