Rex is Australia’s largest independent regional and domestic airline operating a fleet of 60 Saab 340 and 6 Boeing 737-800NG aircraft to 62 destinations throughout all states in Australia. In addition to the airline Rex, the Rex Group comprises wholly owned subsidiaries Pel-Air Aviation (air freight, aeromedical and charter operator) and the two pilot academies, Australian Airline Pilot Academy in Wagga Wagga and Ballarat.
Expressions of interest are sought for a suitably qualified individual to join the Network Operations Team as a full-time Network Operations Controller, located at our Sydney Head Office in Mascot.
Excellent interpersonal skills, the ability to multi-task and problem solve as well as being able to work as part of a team in a challenging environment are requirements of this position.
This position reports to the Network Operations Manager or his delegate.
- Oversee the daily operation of the Rex Network.
- Liaise with ports to provide accurate information on all flights.
- Monitor all flights for On Time Performance, reporting any delay reasons.
- Coordinate any disruptions with other Network Operations Centre personnel. Formulate and action disruption plans. Liaise with other departments and affected ports to minimise delays to passengers.
- Manage Air Traffic Flow Management (ATFM) slots, minimising delays where possible.
- Coordinate all aircraft turnarounds in Sydney, including fuel ordering and bay allocation.
- In the event of an emergency, initiate the company response plan and carry out duties as requested by the Regional Express Emergency Response Team.
- Carry out such duties as directed by the Network Operations Manager and/ or the Operations Supervisors to assist in the day to day running of the Network Operations
- Monitor all crew regulatory compliance, including flight and duty times and instrument, route or port currency.
- Ensure crew coverage in the case of sickness, disruptions or training requirements.
- Manage crew paxing, accommodation and meal requirements.
- Coordinate any disruptions with other Network Operations Centre personnel. Formulate and action disruption plans.
- Liaise with Rostering and Crew Planning departments in the case of disrupted training and checks, or where further training is required.
- Carry out such duties as directed by the Network Operations Manager and/or the Operations Supervisors to assist in the day to day running of the Network Operations
- Able to work professionally within a team environment.
- Able to work a varying shift roster without restriction.
- Problem solving skills and capable of lateral thought.
- Ability to maintain efficiency under pressure.
- High level of organisational skills with ability to prioritise.
- Computer literacy of a high degree and familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite
- Fluent English, written and spoken.
Remuneration and conditions apply as per the Regional Express Airline Services Collective Agreement - Level 7.
Please submit your application with CV and cover letter by close of business Friday, 30 September 2022.