We are extremely excited to commence our search for the next Network/Systems Administrator tojoin a well-established, Award winning Managed service provider located in Macquarrie Park, Sydney. Due to growth, our client requires its newest member to join their dynamic and success driven NOC team.
Values are at the core of everything they do. If you embrace change, challenge the status quo and make things better every day, you would be aligned to their core value of Innovation! If you do your best work working as a team to achieve more, then count yourself in to their amazing team!
As a Network/System Administrator you are responsible for maintaining the integrity of our customer’s IT infrastructure, as well as handling second and third level support of service requests. This relates to all technology both on premise and cloud technology, to include: workstations, servers, printers, networks, and vendor specific hardware and software.
You have the following key areas of responsibility:
• Reactive IT Support
• Proactive IT Management
• IT Knowledge base/Documentation
• Projects and Scope of Works
What do these look like?
- Second and third level IT Support relating to issues with systems and network infrastructure.
- Support services for Microsoft related technologies: Windows Server, Exchange, SQL, SharePoint, etc.
- Support services for virtualisation technologies: VMware, Citrix XenServer, and Microsoft.
- Remote access solution support: VPN, Terminal Services, and Citrix Xenapp. • Technical services and support at the network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security.
- Remote access solution support: VPN, Terminal Services, and Citrix Xenapp.
- Optimisation and management of the Lanrex monitoring systems (Solarwinds N-Central, Auvik etc).
- Perform proactive maintenance for agreement customers.
- Streamline processes leveraging automation. Update the Lanrex IT Knowledgebase as new information is determined as part of a service ticket.
- Update client pages in KB as changes are made.
- Documenting guidelines and proactive best practices – Lanrex standards.
- Extensive experience in Windows Server 2008-2012 R2 systems administration
- Extensive experience in the support of Microsoft core services, including Exchange, Office 365, Active Directory and SQL Server
- Knowledge and experience across server virtualisation technologies. (VMware preferred) • Extensive experiencing implementing and supporting backup and DR solutions, including Storage craft and Symantec backup products.
- Some knowledge and experience with Citrix XenApp and Microsoft Remote Desktop Services
- 5 years plus experience in IT
- Experience with RMM systems e.g. N-Central, Kaseya, Labtec etc.
- Knowledge and experience across storage solutions and storage area networks.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of the service catalogue and how it relates to customer’s needs
- Review IT publications and online materials to remain up to date with current and future technologies emerging in the industry Relevant Work Experience
- Clear, concise and customer centric written and verbal communication
Does this sound like you?
The successful candidate will be an analytical thinker with professional interpersonal communication skills to those internal and external to the organization. You will thrive in a co-operative environment and have strong relationship building skills to ensure you are productive as possible on a daily basis. Most importantly we are looking for an individual who displays initiative, works effectively as part of a team and puts your colleagues and customers first, in everything you do.
Our client values their employees and want them to feel heard and appreciated. In addition, you will be joining a dynamic 34-member team, with access to a gym to keep your body and mind active and working from home opportunities after your successful onboard! From here, the next logical progression opportunity is into an account management position, so if you have strong career aspirations and ambitions, this is the team and role for you, APPLY NOW!
Please send CV’s to ****@nextgenhr.com.au or call Jett on 0391190*** for more Information!