Reference Number 55597
Position Title Nurse Manager - Specialist Consulting - Dandenong Hospital
Employment Type Full Time Ongoing
Entity Monash Health
Department Specialist Consulting
Location Dandenong Hospital
- Key leadership role within specialist consulting
- Full time, permanent role, Monday - Friday, no weekends and no nights
- Based at Dandenong Hospital
Monash Health is the largest public health service in Victoria, employing over 18,000 people across a range of specialties.
Specialist Consulting at Monash Medical Centre, Moorabbin provides an extensive range of medical and surgical services, supported by multidisciplinary staff including allied health specialists, diagnostic services and interpreter assistance. We offer care for consumers of all ages with a broad range of complex care requirements in an ambulatory setting.
About The Role
This is an exciting opportunity to join the leadership team as a Nurse Manager (NM) and demonstrate your proven management skills. This is an Ongoing Full Time role, Monday to Friday. No Nights & No Weekends!
As a NM, you are responsible for providing clinical leadership, in a hands on capacity, to compliment the strategic direction, operational processes and quality management of all our patients. We will look to you for ideas and fresh eyes to help us be our best.
You will be working on a range of projects including but not limited to: Waitlist audits, Telehealth, and eReferral.
Since the introduction of Telehealth in 2020, Specialist Consulting Moorabbin has taken on an exciting direction, enabling Monash Health the opportunity to continue to provide excellent patient care during our current circumstances. You will have the opportunity to work with internal stakeholders to ensure the hospital is utilising telehealth to the full potential.
Thriving in a dynamic and fast paced environment, you bring an enthusiastic and driven perspective with superior verbal and non-verbal communication skills, having confidence of decision making steadily resolving escalations that arise through a shift.
You have been developing your management skills OR you are an accomplished Nurse Manager looking to take on a new exciting role; either way, you are ready to take this next step in your career.
What You Need
- Demonstrated Acute Clinical nursing experience
- Clinical Leadership and/or Management experience within a hospital setting
- Willingness to take on a portfolio(s) contributing to department quality improvements and National Standards
- Computer technical competency working with electronic patient/medical records, supporting the unit with changes and training when required
- Australian working rights/visa
- Current AHPRA registration
- Employee level Working with Children Check
- Access to Monash Health in-house learning portals to further expand your acute clinical skills
- Mentorship & career guidance
- Support to attend relevant forums & conferences
Our employees enjoy a range of benefits including:
- salary packaging options that increase your take-home pay
- a comprehensive Health and Wellbeing program
- free flu vaccinations
- private health insurance at discounted rates
- health imaging services
- + more
How to Apply
We’re only able to accept applications submitted via the Monash Health online Mercury System.
For information including how to apply and probity check requirements, please refer to attached ‘Application Guide’ located under Position Documents
Contact Person Name Position Phone Email