elcome to St John of God Health Care
St John of God Health Care is one of the largest private providers of health care services in Australia, employing more than 16, 000 employees (caregivers). We operate 27 hospitals and services comprising more than 3,500 hospital beds, including home nursing, disability services and social outreach programs.
With over 127 years' experience in health care, we have an excellent reputation as a caring, nurturing and supportive employer. Learning is highly valued and there are many opportunities for professional development.
St John of God Subiaco Hospital is a world-class private hospital offering the highest quality medical and surgical care in a warm and welcoming environment. Many of Perth’s leading specialist physicians and surgeons practice at our 578 bed hospital, allowing our patients access to a comprehensive range of services. Our hospital is located in the heart of Subiaco close to stylish cafes, boutiques and with easy access to the train station.
SJG Subiaco Hospital has a strong reputation for providing comprehensive care and now we’ve renewed our focus on caring for eyes.
Our NEW SJG Subiaco Eye Hospital leverages off the strength and expertise of the hospital, with the dedication of a specialised facility for world-class eye care.
If you have a passion for ophthalmic clinical excellence and providing personalised care, we invite you to join our fantastic team today.
We are currently seeking the dedicated Patient Care Assistants to join us on this innovative and exciting journey working at our new clinic, St John of God Subiaco Eye Hospital
Patient Care Assistants are integral multi-disciplinary team members who provide a high standard of care for patients in the areas of patient care, patient transport and support of the nursing care team as directed.
There are Full Time, Part time and Casual positions available, flexible for the right candidate(s).
The successful Candidates will have:
- A willingness and capacity to embrace the Mission and Values of St John of God Health Care,
- Certificate III in Health Service Assistance (Client/Patient Services) or similar; or currently studying in a health related field at a tertiary level.
- Demonstrate well-developed communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and ability to identify work priorities and plan to meet them.
- Demonstrate effectiveness in working in a team environment.
- Knowledge of principles of manual handling.Knowledge of basic cleanliness and hygiene standards.
- An understanding of and commitment to Quality Improvement.
- Awareness of current Occupational Safety & Health and Equal Employment Opportunity Legislation.
- Discounts on hospital services & private health insurance
- Flexible work Options
- Highly competitive salary & conditions
- Generous salary packaging options
- Up to $9010 on a range of benefits such as mortgage, rent, or other everyday living expenses
- Up to $2650 on meal entertainment, holiday accommodation and venue hire
- Access to novated leasing to use pre-tax dollars for a car and expenses
- Green Travel Allowence available
- Professional development
- A welcoming and supportive culture
All applicants must address the Selection Criteria (as detailed on the last page of the Position Description)
St John of God Health Care embraces diversity and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and people with disabilities. We are committed to providing a safe environment for all children and vulnerable people in our care and proactively take measures to protect children/vulnerable people from abuse.
All caregivers employed by St John of God Health Care are required to be vaccinated from Covid-19, or meet the criteria for exemption, in order to fulfil the requirements of the role.
For enquiries contact Siobhan Tallon, Nurse Manager, on 08 6258 3***