At the Y our vision is simple – Amplify Your Voice. Shape Our Community. Challenge Our World.
As the largest employer in fitness and recreation we have more than 5,000 staff at over 140 centres across Victoria. With us, you will work with fun colleagues who have a shared passion for making a difference in the lives of individuals and transforming communities for the better.
About the Centre
Numurkah Aquatic and Fitness has a wide range of facilities on offer to help you achieve your fitness goals. Train with a team of fully qualified fitness professionals with cardio, functional and resistance equipment for use in the gym. Go for a swim in the 15-metre indoor lap pool for fitness and water fun or enjoy an invigorating warm-water massage in our therapeutic spa.
About the role
As a Lifeguard at the YMCA Victoria, you’ll help provide a safe swimming environment for all YMCA visitors. You’ll be patient, focused and friendly to keep pool-users informed and safe. You will work in a positive environment where the focus is on health and water safety and having fun! Duties of the role include:
- Ability to supervise a large aquatic space while pro-actively ensuring a safe environment? in and around the pool area
- Maintain concentrated observation of pools and patrons to anticipate and respond to problems
- Ensure facility rules are being obeyed whilst at the same time educating facility users about safe aquatic practices.
- Carry out intervention and preventative action to ensure the safety and wellbeing of patrons, the facility and equipment
This is a casual position and the hourly rate is $29.44-$32.22 per hour + Super.
We are seeking motivated, organised and pro-active Lifeguards to come and join the team. The ideal candidate will have strong interpersonal skills, a positive attitude and a commitment to the safety and wellbeing of children, young people and all facility users. Other required qualities are:
- Ability to make decisions while under pressure
- Being able to manage conflicts with patrons and users
- Ability to stay alert and vigilant in a repetitive work environment
- Ability to multitask
- Providing excellent customer service for all members and guests
- Aquatic Pool Lifeguard Certificate
- First Aid Certificate
- CPR certificate
At the Y, we are committed to empowering all Children and Young People to feel safe and be safe. As such, we ensure that all of our candidates are appropriately screened (including police check, working with children check and reference checks). To learn more about our commitment to safeguarding children and young people visit victoria.ymca.org.au
In keeping with current Victorian health directions it is a requirement that staff attending our facilities are fully vaccinated. Please be aware that you will be required to provide evidence of your vaccination status as part of the recruitment process.
At the YMCA, we value our people. Working for us means you’ll enjoy great work/life balance and a range of benefits which improve your wellbeing and help you develop as an individual, such as:
- Flexible working and rostering arrangements
- Opportunities for career development and growth
- Free access to gyms, recreation, and aquatics centres across the state
- Free access to the Virtual Y – online health and wellness