- Utilise your procurement expertise to provide support and advice to the Procurement Services branch
- Fixed term until 31/05/2024, Full-Time Opportunity to work with a high-performing and passionate team in the Victorian Public Service
- VPS Grade 5: $103,920 - $114,828 plus superannuation.
About the Business Unit
The Department of Justice and Community Safety (the department) delivers high quality services to Victorians and supports a safe, just, innovative and thriving Victoria.
Procurement Services is part of the Corporate Governance and Support division, it provides department-wide procurement leadership and strategic direction, policy, process, capability development. Procurement Services monitors and reports on procurement performance, to minimise procurement risk and support the delivery of value.
About the Role
The role is within the Heath and Human and Welfare category team responsible for the development and delivery of procurement activities to provide the department with value-for-money procurement outcomes, while ensuring that risks are managed and that business needs are achieved. The successful candidate will have extensive prior procurement experience to assist in the development of specifications, and lead supply market analyses; sourcing strategies; procurement activities; evaluations; negotiations; contract development and establishment.
Some of your duties may include:
- Manage end-to-end procurement activities that achieve category objectives whilst ensuring compliance with government legislation, policy, procedures and the department's Procurement frameworks.
- Lead the development of specifications, supply market analysis, sourcing strategy, evaluating suppliers, negotiations, contractual agreement, contract management plan, handover of the contract to the contract manager (where applicable) and benefits realisation reports.
- Identify, develop and maintain trusted relationships with a range of category stakeholders internal and external to the department. Addresses category issues with stakeholders and provide high level expertise on category procurement and commercial advice. Use influence and specialist knowledge to highlight and address issues and develop solutions with consideration for likely business impacts while ensuring stakeholders are actively engaged in the problem-solving process.
As our ideal candidate, you will be able to demonstrate:
- Experience in developing and implementing category strategies.
- Experience achieving successful commercial outcomes by managing end-to-end procurement activities including the sourcing and management of complex goods and/or services contracts within the public or private sector.
- Experience in planning and executing high value or complex commercial negotiations using a variety of techniques to deliver optimal commercial and contractual outcomes that realise sustainable value for both the buyer and the supplier organisations.
- Analytical and conceptual skills with the ability to deliver innovative solutions to resolve complex problems.
- Completion of other required tasks as directed by the Senior Manager – Procurement Category Portfolio.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications, preferably encompassing procurement, supply chain, commerce, law or business administration is highly desirable.
How to Apply
Please click the Apply button on the below link for this advertisement. Applications should include a resume and covering letter. Attachments can be uploaded in .doc, .docx, .pdf, .txt or .rtf formats.
The successful candidate will be required to undergo pre-employment checks which may include national police checks and misconduct screening.
If you require adjustments to the recruitment and selection process, or require an alternative format to any of the application material, please don't hesitate to get in touch with the contact person listed on this ad.
The department is committed to providing and maintaining a working environment which is safe and without risk to the health of its employees consistent with the department's obligations under the Occupational Health and Safety Act 2004 (Vic). Therefore, there is a requirement that all DJCS employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to undertake duties outside of their homes.
At interview stage and prior to commencement of employment with the department, you will need to provide evidence that you are vaccinated against COVID-19 with three doses of a COVID-19 vaccine.
Upon commencement of employment with the department you will be required to provide evidence that you have an up-to-date vaccination status within the timelines specified by the department into the DJCS Service Portal. This includes evidence of three doses of a COVID-19 vaccine required by the department (from time to time).
Acceptable evidence includes:
- COVID-19 digital certificate or ATAGI exemption certificate (available via your myGovaccount)
- Your immunisation history statement (available via your myGovaccount)
Other documentation outside the above will not be accepted as evidence of having received your COVID-19 vaccine doses.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $103,920.00 – $114,828.00 per year
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay
There is a requirement that all DJCS employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to undertake duties outside of their homes.
Application Deadline: 08/01/2023