As a Barclays Programme Manager, you will be helping to mitigate the risks of delivering major change. You will be expected to clearly define planned changes, and assess the potential impacts of them. As an integral member of the programme team, you will play a crucial part in the implementation of operational and technology solutions, ensuring that the needs of customers and colleagues are met.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity - helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
We are currently operating in a hybrid working environment, meaning that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
• Managing all activities end-to-end to deliver the programme or portfolio (from scoping to implementation) to agreed parameters
• Leading the project team for the programme or portfolio through a mixture of direct line management of change resource and matrix management of wider development resources
• Managing programme or portfolio conflicts, dependencies, changes to scope, cost or schedule, risks and issues
• Dealing with all programme or portfolio related escalations, and seeking input and assistance from appropriate channels to resolve these in a timely manner
• Being active in monitoring and reporting progress to all stakeholders in a timely manner by using a variety of formal and informal communication channels
• Ensuring that all relevant project & programme governance and controls are adhered to
• Being responsible for the finances by ensuring that all financial metrics for the projects are correct, and take an active part in maintaining the finances
• Developing and maintaining good working relationships with internal and external stakeholders across multiple Business Units
What we're looking for :
• Track record of delivering large and complex projects & programmes
• experience for managing change initiatives up to £20 million
• Excellent organizational, logic and reasoning skills
• experience of consumer banking products and processes
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Project Management Qualification (e.g. Prince2, PPM, Agile Scrum Master)
• Familiarity with the Financial Services environment
• Exposure to each stage of the project life cycle, from inception through to implementation and closure
Where will you be working?
Northampton was the birthplace of Barclaycard in 1966 and we've been based in Pavilion Drive since the building opened in 1997. We purchased the building from the landlord in early 2018 as a sign of our commitment to investment in Northampton. Plans to further develop this Campus-style location are under way to allow for a real collaborative work environment. Based just off the A45 it is easily accessible by both car and bus routes.