Preferred location: Sydney, Melbourne or Brisbane
Are you a driven and experienced Project Developer that is looking to contribute to Australia’s green energy footprint?
Macquarie's Green Investment Group (GIG) is establishing a new renewable energy platform to support the development and growth of its existing 1.5GW onshore wind, solar and storage portfolio in ANZ. The business will develop, construct, own and operate a portfolio of renewable energy assets with a mission to accelerate the green transition.
GIG is currently looking for a Project Developer to lead the development activities for the platform portfolio. Initially you will join GIG, before transitioning to the platform next year.
Based in Sydney, Melbourne or Brisbane, you will have a hands-on and flexible approach to achievement of shared targets and be primarily responsible for delivery of projects from inception onwards. Key responsibilities and activities include:
- Responsibility for the successful development completion for all land, environmental permitting, stakeholder management, initial engineering and grid connection activities of renewable projects up to the point of financial close
- Development and optimisation of project technical design and technical parameters and contractual specification and schedules
- Management and oversight of activities to achieve development approval and permits including management of third-party environment/planning advisers
- Coordination with Grid Connections Manager for project grid connection requirements and support to obtain an offer to connect
- Management and coordination of project tendering processes for all construction and operations partners for the project with support of the Procurement Commercial Lead
- Development of project technical documentation and technical schedules for project execution and operations & maintenance
- Management and oversight of any early works and planning activities prior to financial close
- Management and implementation of a community consultation strategy
- Management of landowner relationships and consultation
- Preparation and management of development budgets and costs for all development activities
- Responsible for project reporting and development progression
- Input and development expertise for assessing new development projects and opportunities to pursue in the project development pipeline
As a Project Developer, you will be expected to work independently and take responsibility to deliver results as part of a team. To succeed in this role, you will have:
- at least ten years’ experience in the energy sector with at least 5 years hands-on experience in the development of onshore utility scale renewable energy projects in Australia.
- Degree (or equivalent) in an environmental, engineering, planning or science or business-based subject with excellent project management skills.
- Strong focus on workplace, health, safety and environment, as well as the ability to work in a diverse and inclusive business environment.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills with unquestioned ethics and integrity, and be able to demonstrate stakeholder management experience, including a confidence and ability to work with a range of project stakeholders including landowners, construction contractors, OEMs, state and federal government departments, NSPs and AEMO.
About Green Investment Group
GIG is a specialist in green infrastructure principal investment, development, project delivery, and the management of portfolio assets, and related services. Its track record, expertise and capability make it a global leader in green investment, dedicated to supporting the growth of the global green economy. The institution was initially launched by the UK Government in 2012 as the Green Investment Bank - the first institution of its type in the world. It was purchased by Macquarie in 2017 and combined with Macquarie Capital’s renewables team to create one of the world’s largest teams of specialist green investors. Now operating as Macquarie’s Green Investment Group, the platform has more than 400 staff with investments or operations in over 25 markets across Europe, North America, Asia and Australia. For more information, visit www.greeninvestmentgroup.com.
Our support for the renewable energy and clean technology sectors is part of a broader commitment to infrastructure. GIG’s parent company (Macquarie) has more than $A136 billion of infrastructure assets under management globally and co-invests alongside the world’s leading institutional investors including public sector pension funds.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths, and in combination with our inclusive environment, it enables us to deliver innovative and sustainable outcomes for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. From day one, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’ is as inspiring to you as it is to us, please apply. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways.
We are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. We encourage candidates to speak with a member of our recruitment team if you require adjustments to our recruitment process to support you, and the type of working arrangements that would help you thrive.