· Perform clinical duties within required level of clinical competency, according to best available evidence. Duties include: triage, immunisations and other injections, wound management, chronic disease management, ECGs, and collection of pathology samples.
· Assist doctors with clinical procedures and maintain clinical documentation.
· Explain procedures to patients, providing them with support and reassurance.
· Assist with triage, data management, diagnostic services, networking with other providers, planning and management of patient care and patient advocacy.
· Telephoning patients with test results as directed by medical staff.
Improvement of Patient Health Outcomes
· Conduct preventative/screening procedures.
· Assist with patient education and community health promotion activities.
· Coordinate patient recall and outreach programs, GP management plans, and team care arrangements.
· Provide home/hospital visits as required for monitoring support, including antenatal and post-natal care and health assessments.
Equipment and Supplies
· Ensure sterilisation and maintenance of clinical equipment.
· Maintain stocks of clinical supplies, including correct storage (such as refrigeration), removal and disposal of out-of-date stock and ordering supplies.
· Provide input in purchasing relevant clinical equipment and supplies.
· Maintain awareness of current and new legislation to ensure the practice is complying with all statutory and regulatory obligations including infection control, sterilisation, hazardous materials and safe handling/disposal of medical waste, records management, WHS, and accreditation. Ensure relevant personnel are kept informed and changes are made to systems and procedures as required.
Infection Prevention and Control Coordination
· Maintain the practice’s systems and processes for hand hygiene, environmental cleaning, spills management, and practice team immunisations in accordance with practice policy and procedure.
· Educate all members of the practice team on an annual basis regarding their responsibilities in infection prevention and control, or whenever changes in legislation, or practice procedures occurs.
· Manage the practice’s sterilisation process, ensuring sterility and integrity in the process.
· Ensure the practice’s waste management complies with local, state and federal regulations.
· Act within the practice and nursing codes of ethics and at an appropriate level of clinical competence at all times.
· Maintain awareness of current evidence and research on clinical practices and inform/educate other practice staff.
· Change systems and procedures to ensure compliance with best available evidence as applicable.
Workplace Health and Safety
· Consistentlybe aware of, and comply with, workplace health and safety requirements.
· Delegation of tasks to other medical and non-medical staff. Provide direct and indirect supervision to other nurse(s). Assist with other practice duties as required.
Expected Behaviours and Personal Attributes
· Demonstrate a knowledge of, and compliance with, all relevant legislation and common law obligations affecting nursing.
· Discharge of duty of care in the course of practice including meeting practice standards, and accountability for nursing actions.
· Demonstrate knowledge of policies and procedural guidelines that have legal implications, for example, ensure documentation conforms to legal requirements.
· Practice only within the limits of your educational preparation and competence.
· Identify and respond to unsafe practice, for example, implement interventions to prevent unsafe practice and/or contravention of law.
· Demonstrated patient-focused approach in service provision with genuine empathy and interest in their needs.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills across all ages and social groups.
· Always be well-presented, friendly, courteous and obliging. Represent the practice in a confident and positive manner at all times.
· Undertake all duties in a diligent manner, with honesty and integrity.
· Maintain absolute confidentiality regarding patient and practice information.
· Have a vigilant attitude to accuracy, being prepared to double check as necessary.
· Ability to work cooperatively and independently and the ability to prioritise and organise.
· Demonstrated commitment to ongoing professional development.
Education, Qualifications and Experience
· Appropriate tertiary qualification and registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia.
· Current professional indemnity insurance.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $65,000.00 per year
- 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- NARRABRI, NSW 2390: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Australia (Preferred)
Work Location: In person
Expected Start Date: 27/03/2023