- Sydney/Melbourne based permanent full-time position
- Hybrid working arrangements
- Diverse and inclusive teams
Reporting to the Head of Distribution Assurance and Compliance, the Risk and Compliance Manager is a key member of the Distribution First Line Risk and Compliance team, responsible for the provision of high-quality compliance, risk, and advice services to the Distribution business unit (including Product).
- Partner with the Distribution Leadership Team to provide support, direction, and guidance on all regulatory, risk and compliance matters
- Lead the integration, implementation and embedment of new risk and compliance methodologies and frameworks
- Manage, monitor, and maintain a structured and systematic approach to 1st Line Risk and proactively embed and improve risk and compliance culture
- Assist to implement and maintain a comprehensive Risk and Compliance Framework, including the management of a robust Compliance Obligations Framework in Distribution
- Provide high quality and timely risk, legislative, and regulatory technical advice to the business
- Identify, assess, analyse, and communicate relevant regulatory changes, and support the business to implement and embed regulatory change
- Review business proposals and their requirements having regard to compliance requirements and the management of risk
- Support business unit projects and initiatives with risk and compliance advice
- Complete Compliance reviews of member communications and disclosure documents
- Prepare and present succinct and relevant reporting on risk and compliance matters for executive management, regulated entity Boards and Regulators
To Be Successful in This Role You Will Possess:
- Commitment to delivering excellence in client and member outcomes
- Solid understanding of our regulatory environment with extensive knowledge of Superannuation, Managed Investments and IDPS products
- Analytical skills to research, interpret and advise on the practical application of complex legislative requirements and reforms
- Change management and project delivery experience in relation to risk and compliance frameworks preferred
- Strong leadership and advanced relationship/stakeholder management skills
- Passion for execution and fine detail
- Tertiary qualification in Accounting, Commerce, Banking, Economics, Finance, Law, or similar preferred
- RG146, Diploma of Superannuation Management, Financial Services, or Financial Planning preferred
- Experience in operational risk and compliance in the financial services sector and superannuation
- In return, we offer development opportunities at an ASX top 200 company
- A professional, supportive, and friendly culture
- A range of corporate and lifestyle benefits
Insignia Financial is one of Australia’s leading wealth management organisations, undertaking a rapid and exciting transformation. The Insignia Financial group has been helping Australians secure their future since 1846. During that time, we have grown substantially to become a leading provider of quality financial services. We now manage and administer more than $200 billion of client monies and are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange in the ASX top 200 (ASX: IFL).
Please submit your resume with a covering letter by clicking on “Apply Now.”
Applicants will be required to provide evidence of their eligibility to work in Australia, and at a minimum be required to undertake police and basic credit checks as a condition of employment.
Please note that applications from agencies will not be considered at this time.
Insignia Financial is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications regardless of race, ethnicity, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an adjustment during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request.
Please be aware that Insignia Financial is currently undergoing an Organisational Design process, which may impact future organisational structure.