Work for a global FMCG company with some of the world's most trusted and iconic brands.Be part of an exciting business where employees are recognised and career growth is supported.
With a large portfolio of food and beverage brands [link removed], PepsiCo Australia & New Zealand employs more than 1500 people across ANZ at Smiths Snack Food Company, Bluebird Foods NZ and PepsiCo Beverages. With global brands like Doritos, Gatorade, and Pepsi Max, we also make some home-grown favourites such as Smith's Chips, Red Rock Deli, Twisties, and our Bluebird NZ snack brands. PepsiCo was recognised as a Top Employer in both Australia and New Zealand in 2021, one of only 16 organisations globally to earn this certification.
PepsiCo has been recognised as an Employer of Choice for gender equality for the past 9 years and is one of the leading organisations in this space. We also believe in our sustainability [link removed] strategy, that there is an opportunity to change how the world distributes, consumes, and disposes of food and beverages and we aim to use our scale, reach, and expertise to help build a more sustainable food system that can still meet human needs for enjoyment and continue to drive our economic and social development.
To continue our success, we are looking for a Sales Development Representative - Impulse with a 'can do' attitude and the sales flair to service and grow Western Suburbs region of Melbourne. The role is highly suited to someone with a positive and resilient attitude. Our brands are both fun and exciting, with promotional activity and event activations happening year-round. Creativity is a big plus! Merchandising display is a part of the daily role, however no heavy lifting is involved.
This role requires you to visit third party premises (such as customer stores or offices) who require visitors to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, therefore you need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to perform this role.
You will be:
- Managing your territory of customers to deliver mutual growth via flawless execution of all customer plans, influence of inventory through Turn in Orders (TIO) and deliver call compliance to journey plan,
- Selling of all NPD, using category selling to influence share of shelf and off location support
- Delivering all commercial calendar and business initiatives - bringing to life the sales strategy and channel blueprint in each customer. Delivery of short- and long-term objectives as set and measured by Newspage.
- Leveraging store scan data and business reviews to drive sales opportunities and commercialise the business objectives. Inform all stake holders of results using data to analysis effectiveness of activity.
- Using tools of trade such as vehicle, phone, iPad and POS
- Building relationships with key stakeholders including SDP, Schweppes territory contact, and multi-site operators (MSO's) across Independent Grocery, P&C and Licensed. Demonstrating excellent execution of all Power of One opportunities and engagement of appropriate area and trading contacts to gain commitment in multiple sites.
- Managing and executing key sites such as stadiums, as determined on your journey plan.
You will have:
- A valid VIC driver's license and good driving record
- Full Australian working rights with no restrictions
- Relatable sales experience in FMCG
- Discipline and motivation to work autonomously with support of the VIC Sales Team
- Understanding on all elements of the customer and PepsiCo supply chain to be able to influence On Shelf Availability
- Ability to identify in-store sales growth opportunities against key Blueprint objectives and put a plan in place to improve in-store execution
- Ability to understand, interpret and use category facts in all aspects of customer interaction.
- Ability to have a natural selling conversation with the customer that results in them acting.
- Ability to plan for and anticipate customer objections and resolve using negotiation techniques in the sales presentation.
- Ability to use retail math's within a selling situation or conversation with retailer
- Ability to effectively prioritise workload and manage one's time to meet business expectations and deadlines.
- Ability to work as part of a team to achieve individual and team goals.
- Ability to generate and share ideas and best practice with team
What we can offer you:
- Flexibility with work hours and work location
- Retail and service discounts through our online programs
- Health initiatives through our Health and Wellness programs
- Personal and professional growth opportunities through Learning Offerings online
We are a progressive and people-focused business, and believe our diverse [link removed] workforce is the key to our success. Because we value our employees and their families, we offer an agile and flexible working environment with an emphasis on work life balance and health, as well as plenty of learning opportunities and room to grow your career.
Your positive attitude will be rewarded with excellent long term local and global career opportunities [link removed], and ongoing professional development along with a fun and rewarding working environment.
You will be a key part of a dynamic team and a valuable contributor to a global company that is one of the FMCG market leaders. At PepsiCo, we recognise our people as a key part of our business and career progression within the business is encouraged and supported.
We are committed to recruiting, training and retaining high quality people.
Interested? Know someone who might be? This is a great opportunity to join the PepsiCo ANZ team.
PEPSICO'S hiring process:
- Submit your application
- Interview(s) and skills evaluation
- Online Assessment process
- Reference and background checks
At PepsiCo, we believe what makes you unique, makes us better. We embrace equal opportunities for all employees. We believe that our people are our best asset and understand the importance of bringing different perspectives, different lenses and different experiences to our workplace. We are committed to building and supporting an inclusive workforce that truly reflects the global communities we operate within. We encourage women, people with a disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, LGBTQI+ and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds to apply.