Bundaberg North State High School is seeking a passionate and dedicated School Technical Officer, to join the team on a temporary full-time basis. This exciting opportunity will allow the successful applicant to assist in managing the operation of a school's information and communication technology (ICT) network services in order to contribute to the enhancement of student learning opportunities.
Until 23 June 2023, unless otherwise determined
About our school:
Bundaberg North State High School is an Independent Public School. We want North students to try activities (including those they are not already good at), to experience all aspects of school life and to enjoy these. Above all we want our students to be part of a genuine learning culture, where staff and students seek out new challenges and share their successes.
As the School Technical Officer you will have responsibility for the following:
- Provide advice and assistance on maximising the potential of ICT operations within the school/college, including acquisition, installation, operation, maintenance, repair and replacement.
- Support the school community with technical advice, instruction and assistance with electronic equipment, in accordance with departmental, school and manufacturer's policy, guidelines and network standards.
- Assist in the provision of in service training to staff, on the effective application of ICT tools to successfully achieve and deliver educational services to students.
- Provide effective and efficient support to staff and students to resolve problems associated with school computing facilities, whilst ensuring high end customer focus and communication.
- Provide regular preventative maintenance, routine and emergency repairs to all ICT facilities and associated electronic equipment.
- Maintain a range of technical services and accountable records related to the support of ICT, including infrastructure, used by the school/college.
- Communicate with various stakeholders, including Regional and Central Support, on technical matters and provide technical advice, when required.
This is a TO2 progression position as per the Role Description. The successful applicant will be appointed to the TO2 classification with eligibility for progression to the TO3 once specific criteria have been met or demonstrated. Please note salary rate shown is reflective of TO2 to TO3 classification range.
- TO2 appointees must have possession of a diploma qualification relevant to the tasks outlined, from a recognised tertiary institution or qualification which, in the opinion of the Director-General, Department of Education or delegate is acceptable.
- When working in regulated employment an employee must have a current Working with Children Clearance (blue card) issued by Blue Card Services.
How to Apply:
- Attach a brief resume including contact details for 2 referees (referees should have an understanding of your relevant previous work history).
- Attach a maximum 2-page response outlining your suitability for the role, referring to the "How you will be assessed" in the attached role descripiton.
Applications remain current for 12 months from the closing date and may be considered for appointment to identical or similar vacancies within the Department.
Applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.
Contact Name: Calvin Boon, Business Manager (07) 4130 0***
Closing Date: Monday, 10 October 2022 #LI-PRIORITY