Water Technology is an employee-owned Australian water business. We have developed a strong reputation for achieving technical excellence in the delivery of engineering and scientific services, with specialised skills across coastal and marine, hydrogeology, hydrology, and hydraulics, wastewater, geomorphology, environmental planning, civil and environmental engineering. We are dedicated to work that improves communities and the environment, by combining science, engineering, and practical design.
Water Technology is an inclusive employer. We recognise individual differences, embrace individual strengths and look for opportunities for everyone to achieve their full potential. We aspire for each employee to become industry gurus and encourage staff to leverage 'being an insider' and access the company network to become a thought-leader.
Due to continued business growth, Water Technology requires an experienced Ecologist, to be based in our Paramatta Office. Here you will join a close-knit team of industry leading professionals, where staff are truly valued and an open, innovative, and supportive culture is encouraged.
In this role you will enjoy a variety of work by partnering with local and federal government, regulatory authorities, and private organisations. You will have the opportunity to provide leadership and support on a range of projects:
- Supervise others and utilise your established contacts & networks for business development.
- Delivering high quality expert advice and managing stakeholders internally & externally.
- Manage your own projects with support from other teams as needed.
- Lead ecological field investigations, report preparation & biodiversity assessments.
- Undertake broader environmental investigations and impact statements.
As an established or emerging leader, you will ideally possess:
- Degree qualified ecologist with 7 + years experience, preferably within a consulting environment.
- Demonstrated botanical identification skills.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Working knowledge of relevant NSW and Commonwealth environmental legislation.
- Sound experience within Sydney Basin ecology and undertaking ecological survey in the vegetation communities of NSW.
- BAM Accreditation and/or bushfire planning accreditation would be highly regarded.
- Drivers licence and reliable car.
In exchange for your expertise Water Technology offers:
- A permanent part-time of full-time role.
- A word-class company policy that supports 'the whole person'. We believe employees' wellbeing is paramount and offer real flexibility for balance between work, family, and your personal priorities. We respect individual work rhythms and design working conditions to leverage each employee's most productive self.
- An extensive suite of internal and external training programs to nurture personal and professional development.
- The chance to be mentored by and collaborate with some of the most respected and experienced water and environment professionals in Australia.
- Involvement in an enviable array of interesting and challenging local and national projects.
- An opportunity to work with an expansive and varied client portfolio.
- A competitive salary + annual bonus.
- Option to be part of the employee share program providing ownership in the business.