People join Leidos Australia for many different reasons. The interesting projects. Supportive and open-minded colleagues. The opportunities to develop. What unites us is the fact that everything we do benefits and safeguards Australia in some way. We’re proud of our Mission to make the world safer, healthier and more efficient, and every Leidos team member has a valued role to play – to Be the difference.
Your New Role
We have an exciting opportunity to join one of our major projects for Defence as a Senior Network Engineer. Based in either Canberra or Melbourne and working within the Engineering team, your role will perform Network Engineering functions including conceptualisation, design, implementation and optimisation. Other duties include:
- Perform network system evaluations, producing design specifications and detailed schematics for network architect;
- Provide in-depth analysis on existing network and server configurations and make recommendations for system enhancements;
- Analyse, develop, enhance, secure and test complex network designs;
- Monitor the performance of network and equipment to ensure high availability and redundancy;
- Troubleshoot network performance issues;
- Analyse network traffic and provides capacity planning solutions;
- Develop and revise network technical documentation; and
- Be the lead technical expert in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, multiplexers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, and gateways.
Due to the nature of the role, the successful candidate must be an Australian Citizen and hold an active NV-2 security clearance.
About You and What You'll Bring
You are an experienced senior engineer within a complex, regulated environment and have good knowledge and interest in a broad range of systems, enterprise architecture and interface protocols.
You will also possess the following:
- CCNA (Data Centre or Routing and Switching), VCP and MCSA certifications;
- Solid understanding of modern server hardware; particularly NetApp HCI & Cisco UCS;
- Experience with Storage and Backup; particularly, EMC & NetApp solutions; and
- Experience with Citrix VDI deployments and the integration with McAfee products.
What You'll Love
Over the last few years, we have successfully adapted our approach to enable everyone - whether working remotely from home, an office or a customer site – to continue to be collaborative, productive and, above all, safe and healthy. We proudly embrace diversity and support our people at every stage of their Leidos journey in terms of inclusion, accessibility and flexibility.
Applicants may also need to meet International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) requirements. In certain circumstances this can place limitations on persons who hold dual nationality, permanent residency or are former nationals of certain countries as per ITAR 126.1.