Transport for NSW keeps our State moving by providing safe, integrated and efficient transport systems. We put our customers at the centre of everything we do – and we do a lot. We connect people, communities and industry and manage how they use our road, rail and maritime networks and services, and even active modes like walking and cycling. The work we do connects the journeys you take every day.
We are a state government organisation made up of more than 28,000 people and we're in the middle of delivering the largest transport infrastructure program in Australia's history. We work across planning, policy and procurement, harnessing data and technology to develop smarter and more adaptive transport solutions.
That means job opportunities in metropolitan and regional areas right across NSW – you have the chance to be part of creating a lasting legacy that will benefit generations to come.
The Regional and Outer Metropolitan division is focused on understanding the particular needs of regional communities across NSW and delivering customer-centred integrated transport services and infrastructure. The Networks and Assets Branch looks after the assets that connect our communities and their purpose is to make regional and outer metropolitan NSW a better place to live, work and visit. This role will allow you to develop your skills and gain exposure to types of work that you just won't find anywhere else.
Maintenance and Delivery West are part of the Network and Assets Branch. This team is an internal delivery partner for construction and maintenance projects that concern road and bridge assets within the West Region Transport Network. We require the collective skillset of professional engineers to lead teams in the successful delivery of construction and maintenance programs to high level safety, quality and efficiency requirements.
We need to be agile, creative, and innovative to deliver the sustainable solutions necessary for a resilient network. We lead diverse teams that are geographically dispersed and with varying specialist skillsets.
Our workbook ranges from technically challenging construction projects and responsive routine maintenance programs that ensure that connections between remote communities are enhanced, safe and accessible for our customers.
Right now, we have a permanent full-time opportunity for a Senior Project Engineer to join us in the Regional Maintenance Delivery team, based in Narrabri, NSW.
Reporting to the District Works Manager, you will be responsible for leading lead teams to plan and deliver a range of infrastructure projects, maintenance programs and contracts ensuring they are delivered on time, in budget and to the quality standard we demand.
You will be responsible for detailed delivery planning and control for projects including review and analysis of project information to develop delivery plans and schedules that ensure safe, efficient and customer focused project and program delivery.
Key accountabilities of the role
- Lead and manage the safe, efficient, and effective planning and delivery of projects and programs to ensure that they are completed to time, cost, quality, and scope as specified and agreed to meet the client’s and customer requirements.
- Control the administration and delivery of contracts by fulfilling the role of representative on selected contracts.
- Develop and implement appropriate procedures, practices, and reporting mechanisms to ensure a high level of WHS and environmental protection and safeguards on projects
- Leading and managing multi-disciplinary teams across multiple depots and work activities and delivering projects to meet wide ranging client and customer expectations
- Achieving project deadlines and milestones to the required standards and targets within budget, whilst managing multiple projects
- Ensuring that project management principles are consistently applied, and strong project governance is in place to manage the relevant complexity and risk profile for each project.
- Promote diversity in the workforce to create an inclusive environment, develop people to enhance team capability, and support our people’s wellbeing
Please click here to view a copy of the role description.
To be considered for this role you will:
- Proven broad experience in managing the planning and delivery of transport infrastructure projects and maintenance programs and with demonstrated knowledge and experience in project management, tendering procedures, contract administration and procurement of infrastructure contracts
- Broad knowledge and experience in the technical aspects of materials, equipment and techniques used in infrastructure maintenance and capacity to evaluate of options for the management construction of flexible and rigid pavements.
- Highly developed communication skills, with an ability to deal tactfully and effectively with people at all levels and the ability to implement community involvement strategies.
Salary and Benefits
Senior Project Engineer– Level 3 - $130,623 - $142,750 per annum plus superannuation. This exciting role offers excellent conditions including flexible working arrangements as well as fantastic work-life balance and access to financial benefits associated with living and working in regional NSW.
- Operate with high degree of autonomy
- Additional annual leave (5 weeks)
- Support and commitment for ongoing development opportunities.
- Opportunity to contribute to leading a team during growth with a large and diverse future program of works
For more information on Employee Benefits at TfNSW please click here.
If you’re ready to step into this meaningful and rewarding role, we want to hear from you!
This is an exciting and great opportunity to create your own success where your contribution will be truly valued and positively impact communities across regional NSW. Right now is an exciting time to join our team as we are delivering the largest infrastructure program Australia has ever seen – to keep people and goods moving, connect communities and shape the future of our cities, centres and region.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please submit a resume and answer all questions within the online application process. Please note, direct applications via email will not be accepted.
Applications close: 11.59pm Sunday 9th October 2022
Please note: The successful candidate will undertake background checks including a National Police Check
We are the community we serve
We are committed to being an inclusive, diverse and flexible workplace where differences are valued. We welcome people of all backgrounds, experience and abilities.
We enable our people to work in ways that work for them with flexible work policies, offerings and practices. Working virtually and from different locations including regional locations, staggering work hours and job sharing are just some of the ways our people can work flexibly. We’re proud to be recognised as a FlexReady Certified employer and winners of the ‘Best Remote Work Strategy’ for our hybrid ways of working at the Australian HR Awards 2022.
Please contact the Talent Specialist below if you require any adjustments to be made to how you interact with us throughout the recruitment process or would like to discuss flexible work options.
For any enquiries, please email Gordon McGinn at GORDON.MCGINN2@TRANSPORT.NSW.GOV.AU.
Learn more about how Transport supports people with disability and those providing care via Transport Careers Supporting People with Disability page.
We’re certified as a Family Inclusive Workplace
Our flexible work practices and policies for parental leave, employee and family wellbeing and family care enable us to provide genuine support for our people to thrive at work and at home.
Working with Transport gives you access to a range of benefits that help you balance work with the things that matter to you. Look through our Employee Benefits Guide to learn more.
Apply today to register your interest!
Find out more about Transport for NSW at https://www.transport.nsw.gov.au/about-us.
Take a look at our application tips video series for plenty of great information on navigating and acing the application and recruitment process here at Transport.
Job Segment: Construction, Project Engineer, Project Manager, State Government, Contract Manager, Engineering, Technology, Government, Legal