Transport for NSW keeps our State moving by providing safe, integrated and efficient transport systems. We put our customers at the centre of everything we do – and we do a lot. We connect people, communities and industry and manage how they use our road, rail and maritime networks and services, and even active modes like walking and cycling. The work we do connects the journeys you take every day.
We are a state government organisation made up of more than 28,000 people and we're in the middle of delivering the largest transport infrastructure program in Australia's history. We work across planning, policy and procurement, harnessing data and technology to develop smarter and more adaptive transport solutions.
That means job opportunities in metropolitan and regional areas right across NSW – you have the chance to be part of creating a lasting legacy that will benefit generations to come.
We are currently recruiting for a permanent full-time Shared Services Consultant (SSC) Receivables & Payables to join our Revenue & Banking team within Transport Shared Services. The team is based in Burwood currently working hybrid.
You will be responsible for processing a range of banking and revenue and more complex accounts payable or accounts receivables transactions. The SSC role would operate within one of the Receivables and Payables teams at any one point. The role will also provide high-quality and accurate transaction processing and inquiries, ensuring that issues are resolved satisfactorily, speedily, and in compliance with standard operating procedures (SOPs) while meeting service performance targets.
Please click here to view a copy of the role description.
What you will be involved in being part of the Revenue & Banking team:
- Investigation of multiple revenue systems discrepancies to reconcile banking, remitting, dishonoured payments, merchant bank accounts and unclaimed monies accounts per relevant legislation, policies and guidelines
- Administration and execution of third parties' remittances, accounting of credit card payments, collections and cash deliveries by cash collection agencies, examine variances and undertake analysis of discrepancies and process bank cheques and credit card manual vouchers in a timely fashion
- Undertake adequate internal controls measures to validate functions as required, including validations of issued transactions, online sales and cash collection variances, BPay, EFTPOS/Credit card "no-dips" and "double dips", cancelled transactions, refund, special credits and remittances.
- Perform end of month relevant general ledger Balance Sheet reconciliations, ensuring accuracy and meeting deadlines.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
Experience working in accounts payable, accounts receivable and/or banking and revenue, including the management and resolution of disputes and discrepancies
- Experience with and sound understanding of relevant legislation, regulations, accounting principles, standards and policies.
- Advanced capability to communicate clearly, concisely and appropriately both orally and in writing.
- Sound numeracy ability with solid analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to adapt and to learn and implement new processes and procedures as new technology, service requirements and work methods emerge
- Experience using multiple computer-based systems and the ability to learn new systems with ease.
Salary and Benefits
The salary for this position is Transport Service Grade 5 ($87,256 to $95,984) per annum plus superannuation and leave loading.
For more information on Employee Benefits at TfNSW please click here.
Joining Transport for NSW, you’ll have access to a range of unique government benefits in a flexible work environment like no other. If you’re ready to step into this meaningful and rewarding role, we want to hear from you!
How to apply
To apply for this position, please submit a resume and answer all questions within the online application process.
Applications close: 11:59pm, Thursday 29th September 2022.
We are the community we serve
We are committed to being an inclusive, diverse and flexible workplace where differences are valued. We welcome people of all backgrounds, experience and abilities.
We enable our people to work in ways that work for them with flexible work policies, offerings and practices. Working virtually and from different locations including regional locations, staggering work hours and job sharing are just some of the ways our people can work flexibly. We’re proud to be recognised as a FlexReady Certified employer and winners of the ‘Best Remote Work Strategy’ for our hybrid ways of working at the Australian HR Awards 2022.
Please contact the Talent Specialist below if you require any adjustments to be made to how you interact with us throughout the recruitment process or would like to discuss flexible work options.
For any enquiries, please email Sylvia Koutsoubaris at SYLVIA.KOUTSOUBARIS@TRANSPORT.NSW.GOV.AU.
Learn more about how Transport supports people with disability and those providing care via Transport Careers Supporting People with Disability page.
We’re certified as a Family Inclusive Workplace
Our flexible work practices and policies for parental leave, employee and family wellbeing and family care enable us to provide genuine support for our people to thrive at work and at home.
Working with Transport gives you access to a range of benefits that help you balance work with the things that matter to you. Look through our Employee Benefits Guide to learn more.
Apply today to register your interest!
Find out more about Transport for NSW at https://www.transport.nsw.gov.au/about-us.
Take a look at our application tips video series for plenty of great information on navigating and acing the application and recruitment process here at Transport.
Job Segment: Consultant, Consulting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Accounting, Contract, Finance