What’s the role?
As we continue to evolve as the nation’s foremost digital media company, News Corp is searching for an outstanding, experienced social media specialist to work as a Social Media Editor, exercising whip-smart news judgement and a drive to lead story-telling from the front.
- As an experienced social media specialist at News Corp, you’ll know how to follow the insights and analytics to expose our journalism to huge audiences; and then engage them through sharp writing and dynamic visual storytelling.
- Working alongside Digital Producers who are predominantly manage On Platform news content, you’ll be authoring, planning, producing, publishing and distributing content across social media channels to engage with and grow our audience and, ultimately, our subscriber base.
- This is a vital part of our digital media strategy and key to driving a sustainable and growing audience - now and in the future.
- This is a hands-on role unsuitable for an entry-level candidate, the Off-Platform Editor needs to be a social media native, capable of delivering world-class social media content and using constantly evolving best-practice techniques.
- Foster new and existing communities inside each social platform.
Who you are
- You have at least three years’ experience as a social media editor or in the social media space, preferably in a news environment.
- To be successful in this role you live and breathe social platforms, and instinctively understand what a social audience likes (and dislikes).
- You can shoot, edit and produce video and audio pieces for all platforms
- You are constantly trawling all platforms and analysing trends.
- You want to always be at the heart of what matters most to your audience - and be constantly hungry to find ways to engage new audiences through brilliant content.
- Create and curate compelling and engaging social media content through your sharp writing, quick news judgement, and use of visual storytelling tools such as Adobe Suite and Canva
- Identify content engagement issues and action solutions
- Collaborate with all levels of a newsroom - from junior reporters to senior editors, photographers and videographers.
- Excellent planning and scheduling skills to stay afloat in a busy, “always on” news cycle
- Digital media doesn’t scare or slow you down. It accelerates you.
- You’re a great team player, supporting your teammates and ‘jump in’ to get things done.
What’s in it for you?
We have a huge range of exclusive benefits available to our employees which we hope will make working at News even more rewarding:
- Make a difference as part of Australia’s most influential media organisation
- Variety of work where no two days are the same
- Blended work arrangements
- A truly collaborative environment
- On-site gym and wellbeing centre + free access to the Headspace app
- Central location and on-site cafeteria
- A range of leave options to support your personal needs and moments that matter in life: Parental leave, Compassionate leave, Career break and Birthday and Volunteer leave.
Who are we?
We are Australia’s number one and most influential media organisation with more than 150 prestige brands across news, sport and lifestyle. Each month more than 17 million Australians choose to consume news and information from our digital and print products – more than any other media group in Australia.
Apply now or for more information on careers at News Corp Australia visit www.newscorpaustralia.com/careers
Diversity strengthens our national teams and newsroom as we seek to tell stories that represent the communities of Australia. Our people make us unique, and so we are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability or gender identity. Applicants of diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply!