About the organisation
Empowering people with disability to live life the way they choose is at the heart of how Life Without Barriers has operated for over 25 years. This is an exciting opportunity to join our team and continue this mission. Support people with disability to have the choice, control, and independence to live their best life. If you’re passionate about inclusivity, respect, and making a meaningful difference, this is the career move for you.
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose organisation of 8,000 employees working in more than 500 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people, and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers. Join a community of people dedicated to breaking down barriers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the role
Due to an internal promotion, we have an opportunity for an experienced Case Worker (qualified in Social Work, Allied Health or Psychology) to work alongside people with disability and Host Carers living in ILO Host Care arrangements, ensuring individuals receive high quality and safe care that is focused on supporting positive life outcomes. The position will provide supervision to disability Host Carers who are caring for people with disabilities accessing ILO Host Care supports.
This is a full-time, permanent position based in our Leederville office with flexibility to work from home, with travel required in the Perth metro area. A laptop, iPhone and Tool of Trade vehicle will be included.
- Exploration and design of individualised living options
- Work in partnership with participants, families Carers and other stakeholders
- Coordinate supports to meet individualised needs
- Monitor and review quality of care and deliverables in line with individual client plans and expectations
- Build and strengthen Carer skills in line with National Standards
- Maintain an ongoing commitment to improving practice, skills and experience by actively participating in any personal and professional development available
- Complete service outcome reporting, and support the client in requesting appropriate individualised support funding at NDIS reviews
- Must participate in on-call roster as required
Skills & Experience
- Bachelor degree qualification in Social Work, Psychology or Allied Health with eligibility for professional membership.
- Demonstrated experience in support planning with people who have a disability
- Demonstrated experience in working autonomously in implementing support plans for multiple clients simultaneously
- Understanding of current NDIS/NDIA frameworks
- Demonstrated coaching and mentoring experience
- Current unrestricted driver licence
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check, NDIS Workers Screening Check and Working with Children Check.
To be considered for and appointed to a position at Life Without Barriers, you must be vaccinated against COVID-19 or hold a valid medical exemption certificate. You will be required to provide evidence of your vaccination status during the recruitment process.
- Laptop and mobile phone
- Monthly rostered day off
- Salary packaging tax benefits
- Tool of trade car
- Growing organisation with great career opportunities
- Join one of Australia’s largest and leading social purpose organisation
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact Abi Macleod at ***********@lwb.org.au [link removed]
Applications close at midnight 11 September 2022