Appscore is a leading product, design and innovation consultancy providing services that help transform and empower businesses. We work with Australia's leading enterprise companies (including NAB, Optus, Medibank, Harvey Norman and many more) to provide meaningful contribution and value since 2009 our mission has been to change lives through amazing digital experiences, revolutionize our customer's businesses by creating game-changing technology and drive digital adoption by creating user value in everything we create.
Working for us, you will be challenged to do things you have not done before, working on large scale projects to drive digital transformation for our enterprise clients across a variety of sectors. You will work with emerging technologies and tools that will help further your growth. We are fast-moving, collaboratively and rapidly growing. At Appscore, we get stuff done quickly- there are not loads of red tape that you need to navigate through to be successful in your role.
About the Role :
The Solution Designer will be working on an Application re-platforming project, for one of Australia's largest financial providers.
The role of Solution Designer will provide critical thinking and a high degree of technical innovation and attention to detail, while being recognised as a trusted advisor to the team and stakeholders. The characteristics include being versatile, displaying leadership qualities and enthusiasm to take on new problems across the full SDLC, ultimately assisting in moving technology forward.
The successful candidate will have;
- Minimum of 5 years experience designing and developing Java based microservices
- 5 years + experience in Spring/Spring Boot frameworks.
- Experience in software development using Cloud native services (any Cloud provider).
- Extensive experience with REST API design
- AWS Certified Solution Architect
- Exposure to AWS and Azure preferable.
- Exposure to Micro Services, Kafka, EC2, RDS, No SQL, Kong, OAuth
- Deep knowledge of technologies and development & deployment techniques.
- Knowledge of data, security, and integration patterns and techniques.
- Experience working in Agile methodologies
- Weekly Personal Training/Yoga, free virtual gym classes and discounted gym memberships!
- Bi-Monthly activity budgets for every team!
- Flexible working times to fit around your life (early start = early finish) when required!
- Unlimited puppy cuddles from our office dog, A.K.A "Chief Of Pats", Missy!
- A focus on employee wellbeing - Social activities, End of day "switch off" for work life balance, and access to the Appscore Employee Assistance Program with free counselling services, health and wellbeing discounts!
- Optional flu shots, paid for by us!
- Direct and transparent access to our Managing Director and Leadership team. No hierarchical red tape here!
- Wednesday cheese platters!
- Individual Learning & Development budget for upskilling and keeping up with Industry trends!
- Personalised training & development programs (We have had team members get new certifications, do toast masters and so much more) and discounts on Udemy Courses!
- Regular back to base days for all our offsite and remote team members
Appscore has a hybrid working environment. We are flexible with working from home/our office. We have regular team lunches, puppy cuddles from our office dog Missy, table tennis and an office bar available to all staff.
We believe that the unique contributions of everyone at Appscore is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. We are passionate about providing a workplace which encourages great participation and an equal playing field, where merit and accomplishment are the only criteria for success.
Job Type: Full-time