Employment Type: Permanent Full Time
Position Classification: Administration Officer Level 6
Remuneration: $74,121.75 - $75,956.87 per annum plus superannuation
Hours Per Week: 38
Requisition ID: REQ343516
Location: Orange Health Service
Applications Close:03 October 2022 – 11:59pm
About the Opportunity
We are looking for someone who can build up a relatively new team while supporting and encouraging growth and team spirit. The role is leading the Specimen Reception and Pathology Collections area of the Laboratory, located in the heart of NSW’s Central West.
Orange a popular and well-established food and wine region 3 hours from Sydney. Being one of our major regional sites in a relatively new laboratory, this will be a highly sought-after position.
If this sounds like a challenge that would suit your skills and abilities, please apply now
What we can offer you
- Accrued Days Off in addition to Annual Leave OR 9 day fortnight
- Generous salary packaging options and other fringe benefits
- Corporate wellbeing programs, including the Fitness Passport
- Learning and development opportunities, including in-house training with RTO My Health Learning
What you'll be doing
Interested in joining Australia’s largest public pathology service? Apply now by addressing the following questions:
- Demonstrated ability to perform a wide range of administrative tasks, exercising independent judgement, discretion and initiative, prioritising work and meeting deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to determine priorities for others, coordinate allocation of tasks, coach and mentor work performance of staff to achieve service/unit objectives
- Demonstrated experience in problem solving, conflict resolution and risk management
- High level interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated commitment to providing quality customer-focused service and applying quality improvement initiatives to workplace practices and procedures
- Demonstrated ability to use a wide range of computer hardware, Microsoft software applications and electronic systems to complete work activities.
Need more information?
3) For role related queries or questions contact Tracey Jeffery on Tracey.Jeffery1@health.nsw.gov.au
Occupational Assessment, Screening and Vaccination Against Specified Infectious Diseases
This is a Category A position. All Category A applicants must read and understand NSW Health Policy Directive PD2022_030 Occupational Assessment, Screening and Vaccination Against Specified Diseases. All recruits must agree to comply with the requirements outlined in this policy. All recruits must provide evidence against specified diseases and comply with the requirements of this policy at their own cost prior to appointment.
All NSW Health workers are required to have two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine, as defined by NSW Health. Employees working in a clinical area or are required to attend clinical areas are considered category A. Category A positions are required to provide evidence of having received three doses of COVID-19 vaccine in accordance with the Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation (TGA) and meet the requirements of the Occupational Assessment Screening and Vaccination Against Specified Infectious Diseases Policy Directive. You will be required to provide a record of your COVID-19 vaccination status if successful.
Acceptable proof of vaccination is the Australian Immunisation Register (AIR) Immunisation History Statement or AIR COVID-19 Digital Certificate. Booster doses are highly recommended for all health care workers who have completed the primary course of COVID-19 vaccinations.
New to NSW Health Pathology?
The preferred candidate may be required to undergo a functional assessment prior to appointment.
This position is a permanent position. To be eligible for permanent appointment to a position in NSW Health, you must have an Australian citizenship or permanent Australian residency. Please note: A person who is not an Australian citizen or a permanent resident is only eligible for temporary employment for a period not longer than the duration of their current visa.
If the selection panel identifies more than one suitable candidate for the role, an eligibility list will be created for future permanent full time / part time, temporary and casual vacancies.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
NSW Health Pathology is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We seek to recruit from diverse applicants and create teams with skills, perspectives and experiences that complement each other at work. We welcome suitably qualified applicants regardless of age, ethnicity, socio-cultural background, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity.