Stakeholder and Community Engagement Advisor
People, Strategy & Social Value | Perth
Closing date: 27/09/2023
The time to join Synergy has never been more exciting because you’ll be helping us to deliver on our commitment towards becoming a net zero carbon emission business by 2050.
We are investing $3 billion in large-scale renewables development and creating unlimited opportunities for our people to contribute to the growth of innovative solutions in our operations as we invest. This is your chance to help us transform the energy industry and build a more sustainable future for Western Australia.
Synergy is proud to be Western Australia’s largest electricity generator and energy retailer. We deliver secure electricity to homes and businesses throughout the Southwest Interconnected System (SWIS) from Coral Bay in the north, to Kalgoorlie in the east, and to Esperance in the south.
Click to discover more about how Western Australia’s energy landscape is evolving to become more sustainable.
The Stakeholder and Community Partnerships Advisor role is an opportunity in our Stakeholder and Community Engagement Team based at our Perth Forrest Centre site.
Within this role you will be responsible for planning and coordinating the delivery of stakeholder and community engagement activities, and community investment, including corporate, industry and community partnerships and sponsorships to advance Synergy's vision and organisational strategy and deliver Social Value.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Plan and deliver external stakeholder and community engagement opportunities and activities.
- Develops required industry and community engagement plans in collaboration with internal teams, providing advice on engagement and social impact practice to support positive relationships and build trust in Synergy.
- Build and manage relationships with key internal and external stakeholders to enhance and protect Synergy's reputation, identity, and brand.
- Develops and maintains the Community Investment programs to maximise return on investment and support business objectives.
- Establish agreements with partners and negotiate benefits and deliverables proportionate with the level of investment.
- Considerable experience in developing and maintaining professional relationships with internal and external stakeholders across all levels.
- Considerable experience in developing and implementing engagement and communications strategies.
- Considerable experience in community investment/support.
- Ability to think strategically as well as negotiate and influence when dealing with stakeholders.
- May be required to work outside normal business hours including weekends and evenings (i.e. community events and business networking events).
Working for an employer of choice also means you will enjoy:
- Flexible work arrangements
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Purchased Annual Leave
- Best practice parental leave
Every Voice Matters
Our employees have a choice to work for Synergy and it’s a choice we respect and value. In addition to our focus on creating a greener future, Synergy is committed to its ‘people first’ culture and providing an exceptional place to work where our people experience a sense of belonging and have opportunities to learn and grow.
We understand that it is important for our workforce to reflect the diversity of the community in which we operate. We are proud to be recognised as an inclusive employer for 2021-22 by the Diversity Council of Australia. Whatever your background or however you identify, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you require assistance with submitting your application
Synergy reserves the right to close applications when a suitable pool of candidates is identified