- Earn while you learn, with full mentoring and support
- As an apprentice or trainee with Water Corporation, we open the doors to a rewarding full time careers after you have qualified your training with us
- Over 20 roles commencing in Jan 2023, select your ideal location and job type in our application questions
What’s in it for you?
- Full mentoring and support, you will be working locally with a great team
- Receive on the job learning, whilst undertaking structured, accredited training delivered through the technical institutes
- Your training courses, books and learning material will be paid for
- On the job development and future employment opportunities
- No FIFO shifts, get home each night
- We have a sincere work / life balance culture with flexible working arrangements and employee benefits that are available to you, many of the team work on a 9 day fortnight RDO roster
- Become a qualified Tradesperson in 4 years
- Excellent wages, increasing each year
- 1st year is $38,867 plus 10.5% super
- 4th year is currently $79,246 plus super
- Set to increase further before you get to this stage
- Excellent starting wages to be confirmed with you shortly
- Commence with a 1 year traineeship while you complete your Cert II and then continue for a further 24 months with your Cert III
Are you eligible?
- Seeking locals, so you’ll never be too far from where you know and love living
- Preference if you have successfully completed Year 12 (year 10 completion is suitable for some roles)
- Pre-Apprentice or Pre-traineeship certification will be Very well regarded
- You must be working towards your Driver’s Licence or hold a WA ‘C Class’ Drivers Licence already
- Strong Awareness of Safety
- Skilled in working with your hands
- Positive attitudes will see you do well
- We will ask successful candidates to complete some online testing for Maths and Safety
About the role:
You’ll receive a high standard of training and development in your role from experienced Managers, people who’ve been with the company for years, so you’ll learn from some of the best in the industry
- As an apprentice with us, you will be expected to be able to carry out the full range of work carried out by a tradesperson, with the appropriate training and supervision. An apprenticeship is characterised by heavy manual tasks and precision work in workshop and field environments with exposure to cutting-edge water technology
- You can expect variety in your work. For example, one day you may be required to visit a waste water treatment plant to carry out planned maintenance work. The next, you might be repairing machinery or replacing pumps and valves
- Various Locations and Trades – Choose your preferred as you apply
- Balcatta (Perth) (Mechanical Apprenticeship)
- Mandurah (Mechanical Apprenticeship)
- Kelmscott (Perth) (Electrical Apprenticeship) - requires successful completion of Yr 12
- Subiaco (Perth) (Electrical Apprenticeship) - requires successful completion of Yr 12
- Subiaco (Perth) (Fitter Machinist Apprenticeship)
- Woodman Point (Perth) (Fitter Machinist Apprenticeship)
- Albany (Mechanical Apprenticeship)
- Bunbury (Mechanical Apprenticeship)
- Busselton (Electrical Apprenticeship) - requires successful completion of Yr 12
- Cocos Keeling Island (Seeking locals only) (Electrical Apprenticeship) - requires successful completion of Yr 12
- Geraldton (Mechanical Apprenticeship)
- Kununurra (Electrical Apprenticeship) - requires successful completion of Yr 12
- Northam (Fabrication Apprenticeship)
- As trainee with us, you will be expected to be able to carry out the full range of work carried out by a Water OR Waste Water Treatment Operator, with the appropriate training and supervision
- You may be handling dangerous goods, performing chlorine changeover, and transporting chlorine
- Operating a wastewater treatment plant can be an odorous work site, you will undertake wastewater sampling
- In your role you may complete heavy manual tasks, in awkward postures at times including clearing blocked networks or hosing down areas
- Tasks vary from lifting gatic lids, turning valves, accessing chambers, using hand tools such as shifters, chainsaws, yes at times you will be clearing bio sludge in full PPE
- Various Locations and – Choose your preferred as you apply
- Geraldton (Traineeship)
- Moora (Traineeship)
- Busselton (Traineeship)
- Christmas Island (seeking locals) (Traineeship)
It’s easy to Apply: Only a basic CV is required, we have a few questions we would like you to answer in your application. Apply now as this role will commence in your community in Jan 2023, we are recruiting now.
Applications close Sunday 16 October 2022
We reserve the right to withdraw this ad prior to the closing date.
As part of the recruitment process you may be required to complete pre-employment screening which may include a medical, qualification check, police clearance and Australian working rights check.
This opportunity is offered in accordance with Section 66ZP of the Equal Opportunity Act 1984. Youth candidates (17 – 24 years of age) who meet the selection criteria for this role will be prioritised for appointment.
Our commitment to a diverse and inclusive workplace:
Water Corporation is committed to creating a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and our community. How we will achieve this is outlined in our Diversity and Inclusion Strategy and People and Safety Strategy.
We acknowledge the different skills, experiences and perspectives that people from diverse backgrounds including, race, ethnicity, disability, age, gender identity and sexual orientation bring to the workplace, will only strengthen our workforce.
We are committed to ensuring that our workplace is inclusive, where all our people feel that they belong, are valued, respected and have equal access to opportunities and resources.
We encourage applications from our key priority communities – Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, women, youth and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
We are committed to ensuring an accessible and inclusive work environment to enable people with disability to participate fully in all aspects of employment wherever possible by offering reasonable adjustments including adjustments in our recruitment, selection and appointment processes.
Applicants with disability who require adjustments in the recruitment process, or alternative methods of communication, can contact a Recruitment Officer at or 08 9420 2***
To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit our website.