The user experience and user interaction designer is critical in improving the experience for users of the systems built and supported by the Health Business Systems Branch in IT Division. You'll join our multidisciplinary team working with agile methodologies to:
- Independently tackle ambiguous problems from start to finish using robust design processes
- Contribute to the information architecture, interaction models and UX patterns in an evolving product
- Ideate, iterate, and refine throughout the design process by creating user journeys, process maps, wireframes, and prototypes as required.
- Extract and analyse user data and insights to inform designs
- Share findings and use insights to suggest ways to improve the services the Branch supports.
- Design intuitive interfaces for public-facing systems and services
- Conceptualize original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design roadblocks
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Develop design collateral and reusable front-end components
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices and standards
- Present and advocate for user friendly designs and key milestone deliverables to peers and executive level stakeholders
- Incorporate user feedback and research in the design and delivery of interfaces
- Experience in using wireframing/prototyping tools such as Adobe XD and Figma.
- To be considered for this role you will have at least 1 year of commercial experience as a UI/UX designer.
- Experience with Adobe XD, Figma or equivalent tools
- Experience in conducting testing of prototypes with users and capturing insights and feedback
- Solid understanding of accessible design principles and experience in designing to meet WCAG guidelines, including AA Compliance
- Experience in designing information architecture and arranging functionality and content into logical and intuitive structures
- Experience with Agile software development and project delivery
- Provide 2 referees
- Tertiary qualifications in Design, Interaction Design, Human Centred Design or similar
Candidate will be required to work from Canberra office for a minimum 3 days a week. Flexible arrangement can be discussed with the client.
Rate $750 to $900 including super, depending on your experience level.
Australian Citizen and Baseline clearance are mandatory requirements.
Job Type: Contract
Contract length: 12 months
Salary: $750.00 – $900.00 per day
- Baseline Clearance (Required)
- Australia (Required)
Application Deadline: 27/03/2023
Expected Start Date: 10/04/2023