Who are we?
News Corp Australia is evolving in response to the expectations and challenges of the digital world in which we now live. We have an amazing opportunity to reinvent our industry and redeﬁne the future of media in Australia and our role in Australia’s tomorrow. We are passionate about what we do and proud of our heritage of world-class journalism and entrepreneurial spirit. Our environment is supportive and friendly, we encourage innovation, collaboration and creative thinking. If you thrive on being challenged and enjoy working in a fast-paced stimulating environment, come and join us on this incredible journey.
Diversity strengthens our national teams and newsrooms as we seek to tell stories that represent the communities of Australia. Our people make us unique, and so we are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability or gender identity.
Applicants of diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply!
What’s the role?
The Vendor Relationship Manager is a new role that has been introduced into the TDD (Technology, Data and Digital) team at News Corp Australia. This role will be responsible for building and fostering strong relationships with our key technology partners, who work alongside us to deliver an exciting roadmap of programs and projects.
Reporting to the Head of Portfolio Operations, this role will manage the relationships and performance of our strategic partners to ensure they deliver on their operational and contractual commitments. By engaging closely with key stakeholders and the business, the Vendor Relationship Manager will work with our key partner/s to align and respond to our business needs and support a culture of continuous improvement and innovation within our environments.Sounds great! What would my main responsibilities be? Vendor Framework & Processes
- Supporting the development and implementation of a Vendor Management Framework which addresses the planning of vendor requirements, selection of appropriate vendors, and ongoing effective operation and management of relevant vendor
- Ensuring the Vendor Management Framework and associated requirements are embedded within the day-to-day operation of the TDD function and align to broader organisational processes and policies (e.g. Procurement, Finance, Legal).
- Collaborating with team members across the News Corp’s global and local businesses to share knowledge and align to best practice across the vendor and contract management discipline
- Proactively identifying and managing vendors and contracts within the TDD function, including leveraging vendor relationships to extract value added beneﬁts aligned to TDD needs
- Implementing and maintaining mechanisms for vendor governance, speciﬁcally relating to target metrics and the identiﬁcation of improvement opportunities
- Participating in and providing reporting to vendor governance forums to support visibility of risks/issues and subsequent decision making
- Working with vendors to identify and implement actions to improve the working relationship and overall partnership
- Managing vendor operational contract enquiries, issues, disputes and variations; and undertaking negotiations with vendors as
- Leading contract review meetings to ensure delivery against objectives and agreed budgets, develop regular reports on contract milestones and performance, and provide visibility to key stakeholders of activities and
- Providing informed advice in relation to contracts interpretation, management, service level and quality assessment, benchmarking and dispute
- Monitoring and reporting on vendor performance (both at a vendor level and portfolio level) - including performance against SLAs, pricing and payment, capability and quality and compliance to contractual terms and conditions
- Producing regular reporting to key stakeholders on performance, including analysis on reasons for strong or poor performance
- Ensuring contracts are assessed against criteria such as complexity, value, and risk, to identify those contracts/vendors that should be considered critical and require active management
- Maintaining/ enhancing tools used for vendor management
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, with a track record in building and maintaining strong vendor partnerships
- Strong commercial acumen with experience in managing and negotiating vendor contracts
- The ability to analyse complex situations and determine a path forward that responds to the needs of multiple parties
- Excellent written, numerical and verbal skills to communicate with vendors, senior management and internal customers
- Experience working with internal groups to understand business requirements, implementing new processes, and contributing to ongoing process improvements
At News, we offer you:
- A environment where you can push the boundaries, challenge the norm and pioneer the way forward
- Flexible working arrangements
- Exposure to global operations
- Staff discounts and incentives
Apply now or for more information on careers at News Corp Australia visit www.newscorpaustralia.com/careers
Diversity strengthens our national teams and newsroom as we seek to tell stories that represent the communities of Australia. Our people make us unique, and so we are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability or gender identity. Applicants of diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply!