About RSPCA NSW:
The Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals New South Wales (RSPCA NSW) is a not-for-profit animal welfare organisation. We provide a strong voice for animals experiencing cruelty and neglect. RSPCA NSW is committed to the care and welfare of animals, providing extensive professional facilities, including fully equipped veterinary hospitals and our state-wide shelter network, with approximately 500 staff across NSW to care for animals.
Culture & Benefits:
- A broad range of leave entitlements including 12 weeks parental leave
- Additional RDO per month
- Access to a range of mental health and wellbeing supportive initiatives, including confidential counselling services and education programs
- Generous discount on products and services, including pet food, retail and vet clinic products and services
- Access to a range of learning and development opportunities that will benefit and support you in your role
- Competitive hourly rate based on experience
About the role
Reporting to the Clinic Supervisor, you will be responsible for scheduling and effective communication with clients, members of the public and our veterinary team.
This is a part-time position (64.6 hours per fortnight) and is rostered over a 7-day week, weekend availability is required.
- Answering phone calls and making appointments for veterinary services
- Greeting all visitors and customers to the hospital
- Daily banking, point of sales and retail stock management
- Recommending retail and preventative products to pet parents
- Carrying out general administration and invoicing duties
You will have the confidence to interact and teach both individuals and groups of all shapes and sizes and will possess strong time management and organisational skills. Plus:
- Previous experience in Reception and Customer Service
- Ability to build outstanding rapport with a variety of clients
- A love of animals and passion for helping people and their pets
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Attention to detail, punctuality and reliability
- The ability to empathise and remain compassionate in a busy and varied role
If this sounds like the role for you, we would love to hear from you!
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or simply click ‘APPLY’ to send in your resume.
Applications close 20 October 2022
RSPCA NSW is an equal opportunity employer that understands and values the importance of creating a diverse and inclusive work environment. We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a barrier-free recruitment process for people with a disability. If you require an adjustment or assistance during the recruitment process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of adjustment or assistance you are requesting.