You enjoy working in a fast paced, vibrant and changing multidimensional environment and appreciate the mix of strategic, tactical and operational tasks. You are a people’s person, with proven experience leading through the unknown. You are a confident communicator who can communicate clearly and effectively to influence other co-workers and leaders within the business. You thrive in building relationships to achieve successful outcomes for our customer, our co-workers and the business. You demonstrate good self-awareness leading yourself and others, and strive to provide a great working environment, whilst delivering results. You are a forward thinker who works calmly under pressure, taking ownership of quick decisions and problem solving. You are highly organised with a flexible and proactive mind-set. You be available to work from early mornings, late nights & every second weekend.
As the Warehouse Team Leader you will be responsible for, but not limited to;
- Managing and supporting the day-to-day operations, activities and co-workers of the outbound and fulfilment team including rostering, breaks, and ensuring KPIs are communicated and achieved throughout the team.
- Planning, organising and monitoring the logistics operations within the EMPU, ensuring co-workers are aware of their responsibilities and processes are complete every morning in time for the store to open.
- Coaching, mentoring and leading the Goods Flow team to success, and empowering your team of co-workers by delegating responsibility to help each person grow and develop according to their individual ability and experience.
- Supporting your manager in managing the recruitment, retention, performance management, succession planning and competence development of the team.
- Leading a safe and efficient operation to secure that all stock is in the right place at the right time.
Together as a team
Together the Logistics team are behind the scenes that make sure IKEA products are always readily available to the many people. We use our supply process expertise to balance range and space capacity with forecasting and ordering to provide customers with high availability while minimising costs. This is one department always challenging effective and efficient ways of picking up the products for our customers all with the end goal of working together to improve the customer experience at IKEA!
We offer many benefits at IKEA other than just having the opportunity to work for a global company! Along with a focus on your personal and career development goals and being a part of an inclusive culture driven by values, you will be entitled to great initiatives including competitive salaries, annual leave loading, co-worker discount, subsidised meals in our co-worker restaurant, free parking and our TACK! loyalty program. If you’re interested in working with us, apply now!
This role is permanent full time, 76 hrs/per fortnight.