Independent and successful Steel Fabrication & Metal Works company with an established history in QLD for over 50 years. Based in Acacia Ridge QLD, the company has a Workshop crew of around 12 welders, boilermakers and other workshop staff. They provide steel products to clients in the Building and Construction industries. Projects range from government facilities, hospitals, schools through to commercial buildings, military projects, custom fabrication and the like.
About the role
As a trade qualified Boilermaker, your role as the Workshop Supervisor will be responsible for supervising around 12 workshop staff, from tradesman, apprentices and labourers. The role requires a strong leader who can motivate workers and ensure quality and productivity is optimal. Implement QA systems and make sure all OH&S regulations are being adhered to and followed. Assist in the quality control and fabrication of steel, aluminium and stainless products to match the fabrication drawings, making sure that projects follow timelines and delivery schedules. Schedule transport of fabricated steel to site or specialist coaters.
Requirements for this role
- Trade qualified Boilermaker.
- Experience Supervising or Managing a Steel Fabrication workshop crew.
- Strong ability to lead, manage and motivate Workshop staff.
- Experience implementing project schedules, timelines and OH&S.
- Experienced understanding of steel, aluminium and stainless fabrication.
- Highly developed communication skills.
- Willing to complete all relevant medicals including drug and alcohol tests
Send us your resume to ************@foundpeople.com.au and we’ll let you know if we have something suitable.
Search Found People on LinkedIn and Follow us for job updates.
- Successful Steel Fabrication company in Acacia Ridge QLD.
- Full-time permanent and secure job opportunity.
- Negotiable hourly rate + Overtime and progression on offer